Intel® Embree Ray Tracing Kernels
Discussion forum on the open source ray tracing kernels for fast photo-realistic rendering on Intel® CPU(s)

Gregory patch demo

rem__kai
Beginner

can Anybody give me some demo about the how to use Gregory patches ACC in the Embree.The Embree API seem don't provide the option for us,It use catmull-clark but without ACC option.

wish one can help me.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BenthinC_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Could you provide some more details on what you want to achieve exactly? BTW: Embree's subdivision surface implementation uses Gregory patches to approximate irregular subdiv patches after an initial adaptive subdivision phase.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
rem__kai
Beginner

Thank you for you reply,I read the source code about Embree,But in order to use the gregory patches I need to prepare some structure,like the half edge,But I don't find some API can help me to direct build the structure simple from a obj model.So my problem is can you give me some code about how to use gregory patch ACC method in Embree.

0 Kudos
BenthinC_Intel
Employee

The problem is the entire bspline and gregory patch generation is done internally within the Embree core and not exposed to the user. The user only provides the input mesh and the tessellation factors. I guess you want to convert everything to gregory patches and then export the data into your application, right? In this case OpenSubdiv library might be an easier option for you.

0 Kudos
rem__kai
Beginner

Thank for you reply,I understand.

0 Kudos