Intel® Embree Ray Tracing Kernels
Discussion forum on the open source ray tracing kernels for fast photo-realistic rendering on Intel® CPU(s)

Is motion blur working at all ?

Philippe_L_
Beginner

I downloaded Embree 1.1, compiled it on linux using gcc 4.4.6. Everything seems to work but motion blur.

I read chunks of code and made sure I was using the bvh4mb flag and checked I had "motion" declared in my test xml file. One thing a bit unclear : the motion is goint to a dPdt variable, which means to me that I should just pass the motion vector, not a now position. I tried different things to no avail.

Moreover, when turning on motion blur, each iteration goes from 20ms to 15000ms, which seems a bit too much. I am wondering if I don't have a compilation problem here.

Any hint appreciated.

Cheers

Philippe

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Gavin
Beginner
Hi i have tested the motionblur.ecs and it was fine,ive compiled on windows vista32 using c++ 2010 express see attached pic
0 Kudos
Scarlet_T_
Beginner
There must be something with the compilation because I have the same problems of Philippe on win64 (compiled and run on two different machines, both i7s respectively 1st(SSE4.2) and 2nd gen(AVX), the provided scene either chokes on render or crashes after getting all the sys ram), then I compiled on linux64 (AVX) and motion blurs works.
0 Kudos