Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Affordable prices for small companies

PHeri1
Beginner

After investigating Max 10, Quartus and Nios II I was wondering:

Will a license for production (not that many devices) be affordable for me? I can look up what the price is for Quartus Standart Edition, but what about the costs of IP? Like Nios II Processor, On-chip memory, uart, I2c. I/O, etc.

Will it al be affordable for a small company with not a mass production of devices?

I want to know this in advance otherwise it doesn't make sense to spent al my time in getting acquainted with Max 10, but later on it will not be affordable for me.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PHeri1
Beginner
0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

Happy to find, that I can buy with Digikey:

• SW-QUARTUS-SE-FIX
  • IPS-EMBEDDED

Not sure for how many devices (Max 10 devices in production) I can use IPS-EMBEDDED.

0 Kudos
Hazlina_R_Intel

Hi,

I am the senior manager from the technical support team. I am just wondering if you have any outstanding technical questions here that we can help you with?

You are right that you could get the pricing of the information by contacting the nearest distribution company e.g. Digikey. Here is the full list to the distributors:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos
PHeri1
Beginner

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

At the moment I have a couple of technical questions, but I already posted them here on this forum.

Hoping someone will point me in the right direction.

But I also have a couple of questions about the IP core license.

Lets say I buy:

• SW-QUARTUS-SE-FIX
  • IPS-EMBEDDED

Of what I understand is that both licenses are only maintained for one year.

So within one year I get updates/support. But what about after that year.

Can I still use the software, will it be deactivated? May/can I still use IPS-EMBEDDED for production devices?

How many devices may I program with a valid license of IPS-EMBEDDED?

Are the programmed devices with IP time sensitive?

I hope you/someone can help me with these questions.

Thanks in advance.

Peter

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

I’m from the technical support team helping on your issue. Yes, you can still use the software. As for the license expiration, there are two types of license expiration date for our product; license expiration date and maintenance expiration date.

License expiration date controls the entire license system, once expired the license file will stop working entirely.

Maintenance expiration date controls which version of software you can use with the license file. Once expired, you can still use older version of software released prior to the maintenance date but you will not be able to use the license with newer version of software.

Here you will find information on license types, getting a license file, setting up a license file, and resolving license-related issues. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/licensing.html

Licensing Questions and Answers https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/licensing/q-and-a.html#a_14

Hopes this is helpful.

0 Kudos