Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Altera EP3C40F484I7N und EP4CE55F23C8N

Parrot
Beginner

Hallo 

Hat jemand eine Liste mit den verschiedenen Versionen (Gehäuse und Revisions) der beiden Altere Chip´s 

EP3C40F484I7N und EP4CE55F23C8N ?

Danke!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response as I was gathering information from my internal team.

You may refer to the device overview for the differences:

Cyclone III: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyc3/cyc3_ciii51001.pdf (page 12)

Cyclone IV: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-iv/cyiv-51001.pdf (page 12)

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Maria_R_Intel

Hello Parrot,

To better assist you, we will move this thread to the proper sub-forum. 

Please expect a response soon

Best regards,

Maria R.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Intel community.

Kindly clarify what do you mean by housing and revision?

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos
Parrot
Beginner

From booth chip´s are several different versions of the FPGA case available. Let me make a example: I have several versions of EP3C40F484I7N in front of me. All are BGA.

But the Chip´s with the chip marking 21411 V0026 V0029 are 8.04 x 7.46 mm and the chip´s with the marking 21435 V0026 V0029 are 7.56 c 6.99 mm. Because this is a medical device with a very special cooling solution this is a BIG problem! Furthermore the size of the chip cover is different. Then a further analysis did come to the result that chip marking 21411 V0026 V0029 has gold wire bonds and the marking 21435 V0026 V0029 has cooper. Furthermore there are more differences. And the order code was the same!!! I need a way to identify the different chip versions before i order theme so that i get the right version. 

Hope this clarifies my problem. 

0 Kudos
Parrot
Beginner

Good morning

There are so many Intel Support technician in this forum. Is there really nobody who has a list about the different cases and order codes for EP3C40F484I7N und EP4CE55F23C8N? 

Mechanical differences as the one have explained make a big difference in devices who require advanced certification (like automotive or medical). They have a direct impact in thermal / cooling characteristics. Also the use of cooper wire instead of gold for the internal bonding changes some electrical characteristics. I can live with both - but i need to have a order information that identifies the version of the chips I'm getting so that i can control the chip version in manufacturing. I can´t order the chips by there serial number... 

I hope that soon someone will come up with some useful information.  

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Apologize for the delay in response as I was gathering information from my internal team.

You may refer to the device overview for the differences:

Cyclone III: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyc3/cyc3_ciii51001.pdf (page 12)

Cyclone IV: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/hb/cyclone-iv/cyiv-51001.pdf (page 12)

Thanks.

Regards,

Aiman

Parrot
Beginner

Hi Aiman

You "apologize for the delay in response".... Well, there is absolutely no reason to apologize: After a very intense search you was the 1st one who did come back with really useful information!

Many thanks for getting and passing this information to me! (You have no idea how difficult it was for me to get heard on this - you helped me out after a long "journey" with Intel / Altera support around the world!

Many thanks and stay healthy

Martin

0 Kudos
NurAiman_M_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I am glad that my previous answer help your findings.

Hope you can proceed with your project successfully. I will close this case, however, you may open a new case if you have further query.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Aiman

0 Kudos