Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Cannot Install USB Drivers

hwardlaw
Beginner

I cannot install the USB drivers that come with my Quartus installation. I have seen other users also with this issue: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/USB-blaster-won-t-install-certificate-outdated/td-p/1255595

It appears that the driver is not properly signed. I am attempting to use Quartus at my workplace where installing non-signed drivers is a violation of our information systems policy. I cannot disable this check to install the improperly designed drivers. Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May i know which quartus version you are using? For the latest version, it should be no problem at all.

For old version, the only solution is to unsigned the driver.

Thank You.

Regards,

Bruce

0 Kudos
hwardlaw
Beginner

This is with the latest version 20.4

0 Kudos
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee
0 Kudos
hwardlaw
Beginner

Bruce,

That worked, thank you! I find it curious that Intel's user guide documentation does not mention this updated driver, nor has Quartus been updated to include it. However, I do appreciate your help.

0 Kudos