Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Cannot download Quartus 19.1 Lite for Linux. Clicking on arrow does nothing. Tried Firefox on Linux; Firefox, IE, and Chrome on Windows; and Safari and Firefox on MacOS. Any help would be appreciated.

grub
Beginner

0 Kudos
8 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi Gordon,

Assuming you have strong connection, it may due to VPN if you are using it or firewall that block the packet, try to disable it for moment

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
grub
Beginner

Hi,

I am not using a VPN, nor is the firewall causing problems (tried all that before posting as a last resort).

Everything works well right up to where I click the click the arrow to download. It does nothing. I've disabled the ad blockers on the machines and OSs mentioned.

I went as far as spinning up a new stock Windows VM clone from a base VM image I have and the same behaviour occured.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Gordon,

I suspect that there is issue with the connection, is it still happen if you use different machine? (*not VM). For checking purpose, could you try to reboot your home router worst case try to use different connection let me know if works.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
grub
Beginner

Hi,

I tried with two physical machines and two VMs. Same issue on all machines with various browsers (original post mentions the combinations I tried).

So far:

• Two physical machines and two VMs (three OSs and four browsers) exhibit the same behaviour.
  • Disabled ad blocking and DNS blackhole.
  • Tried new stock Windows VM with nothing added.
  • Firewall twins and router reboot (unneccesary, but I was desperate).
  • tcpdump on firewall's LAN interface has no traffic coming in when clicking the link.
  • A direct link found elsewhere in the forums worked but that is for Windows.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Gordon,

Another workaround, have you tried to use different connection? If so, what is the result,able to download it?

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
grub
Beginner

Hi,

I can't try another connection as I'm working from home and the work VPN has strict blocks for outside connectivity.

In any case, I managed to get a copy elsewhere.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
IWaugh
Novice

Hi Intel Support team,

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried from 2 different physical locations (in AU), with Chrome, Brave, Firefox, Safari, Edge (!). Adblocker on and adblocker off.

Attempts:

Linux : Pro : 20.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Pro : 20.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Linux : Lite : 19.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Lite : 19.1 - I get no reaction from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files).

Windows : Lite : 18.1 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Windows : Pro : 18.1 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Linux: Pro : 14.0 - I get a "Legal Disclaimer" from the circular blue download button (combined files or individual files), but "I Agree" closes the disclaimer and nothing happens.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Iain

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi Iain,

My suggestion is that to open new separate forum case since this case had been closed.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos