Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Cannot find JTAG cable. Aborting installation.

NSVR
Novice

Hi,

I am trying to setup FPGA installation in azure VM. My azure VM comes with intel Arria 10 card. when i tried to run FPGA_install.sh I am getting the following error.

root@azlwu2testvm01:/home/azureuser# source fpga_install.sh
Found a compatible OS.
Intel FPGA Download Cable Driver is installed.
+--------------------------------------------------------+
| OpenVINO FPGA Environment Setup Script |
+--------------------------------------------------------+
Using the QUARTUS_ROOTDIR value: /home/azureuser/intelFPGA/18.1/qprogrammer/bin/bin
Using INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT value: /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64
INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT is set to /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64. Using that.

aoc was not found, but aocl was found. Assuming only RTE is installed.

AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT is set to /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/board/a10_1150_sg1. Using that.
Adding /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/bin to PATH
Adding /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Adding /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/host/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
Adding /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/board/a10_1150_sg1/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH
[setupvars.sh] OpenVINO environment initialized
Creating initialization script /home/azureuser/init_openvino.sh ...
Installing the new OpenCL BSP for the 2020.1 BSP. Enter Y when prompted to install (Enter sudo credentials when prompted):
Cannot find board_env.xml in /opt/altera/aocl-pro-rte/aclrte-linux64/board/a10_1150_sg1
Cannot find JTAG cable. Aborting installation.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AnilErinch_A_Intel

Hi ,

Please check the below link

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/iga1446847781805.html

for JTAG related queries.

Especially section 3.1. Turn ON/OFF Auto-Adjust Feature

Please let us know the exact results of running jtagconfig and whether Auto-Adjust is enabled or not .

Thanks and Regards

Anil

0 Kudos