Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1150 Discussions

Cannot generate a License on the self licensing tool

JensVkb
Novice

Several weeks ago, I downloaded Quartus Lite to program my MAX10. While I can now code a system configuration in VHDL and program it into the MAX10 FPGA, I cannot simulate my designs. Quartus Lite comes with the Questa FSE simulator, but I cannot use it.

I know I need a license, but I cannot generate it from the Self Licensing tool (SSCL). I registered at the tool and can now login (although I never gotten the confirmation email). However, when clicking on "Sign up for Evaluation or Free Licenses", it just shows "No products available to sign up". Moreover, I cannot use the "License assistant" since this just opens up a blank window.
I've tried this on different browsers on different OS, and I have this problem everywhere. (as shown in the attached screenshot)

It's really frustrating, as my current design does not work and I have no means to simulate it to figure out where it is going wrong! 

Can anyone provide pointers on how to solve this problem.?

PS: I asked this at general support, but they just said "ask the forum", so here I am.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
26 Replies
RolandB
Novice

I also have the same problem. I can't use the  Intel® FPGA Self Service Licensing Center. The chat window is blank.

0 Kudos
RolandB
Novice

@AR_A_Intel  please can you take a look at my account and fix any issues?

0 Kudos
jq4
Beginner

I just install the questa sim starter edition and am trying to use the self licensing webpage. The same problem "No products available to sign up." comes up. How do I request license?

0 Kudos
mvanbem
Beginner

I am also having the same problem with the blank License Assistant chat window in the Self-Service Licensing Center. Based on the messages in this thread it sounds like my account is in a bad state and I will need help to fix it.

0 Kudos
JensVkb
Novice

@jq4  and @mvanbem This is indeed caused due to your account not being fully activated yet.

When you register for the Self-service Licensing Center, you get an email that your request has been received and the Intel customer service / licensing service will now look at this and activate your account.

Once you have received this email, you can indeed access the Self-service Licensing Center already, but with the issue of a blank License Assistant and "No products available to sign up". You now have to wait until you get another email officially stating your account has been activated.

For me, that email came 2 weeks after the registration for the Self-service Licensing Center. From that moment on, I am able to request my free license.

That's at least how it worked for me. 

0 Kudos
mvanbem
Beginner

Thanks. I waited a few days and received the welcome email. I had no idea there was some kind of manual step on the other end. The web portal looked totally automated, so after ten minutes I was sure my registration had failed.

0 Kudos