Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Cannot install/run CodeBuilder on Eclipse

okramer
New Contributor I

I recently downloaded AOCL-pro-19.3.0.222-linux.tar and ran the install script. According to the instructions here, there should have been an eclipse plugin file in $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT/eclipse-pug-in. But instead, I found there was another similarly named env var defined (INTELOPENCLSDKROOT) pointing to /opt/intel/system_studio_2019/opencl/SDK, where I did find that plugin.

I followed the directions in the programming guide (link above) and placed the CodeBuilder_6.4.0.jar in my eclipse/dropins folder. After a restart of eclipse, I don't see any reference to it in the Windows->Preferences, and I don't see any evidence that it was picked up.

I'm running Eclipse 4.13 on Ubuntu 16.04.

One data point: if I run eclipse on the command line with "-console" option, and then do "lb" (list bundles), I see

595|Installed | 4|CodeBuilder (6.4.0)|6.4.0

So something is happening. What am I supposed to see or open to access the functionality of that plugin?

0 Kudos
0 Replies