Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Current license file does not support partial reconfiguration in Quartus Prime Standard Edition 18.0

GIEE430
Beginner
Hi, I am trying to run the OpenCL on Quartus Prime Version 18.0.0. Our device is Stratix V GX FPGA (5SGXEA7N2F45C2) However, when compiling, it occurs Error 138079 Current license file does not support partial reconfiguration.

I had applied for license in FPGA University program, but it seems that I got the Quartus Pro Edition license, which doesn't support Stratix V series FPGA board. In the website below, notes 3 shows that it needs a special partial reconfiguration license. How can I apply for it in FPGA academic license request page? (There is no options in it's request page)
 Attached is the license file I use
Thanks a lot
0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you advise the following for further checking?

1.     Name

2.     Email Address

3.     Company/university Name

4.     Company/university Address

5.     License.dat file

6.     NICID/Mac ADD

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Thanks for your patience. Upon checking with Customer Service team, Please advise prof. to apply the partial reconfiguration license by going to https://software.intel.com/en-us/fpga-academic/membership-details and fill up the License Request Form. If you have any question regarding University Program, drop an Email to psg.university@intel.com      

Our university team will help and answer your question.

0 Kudos
GIEE430
Beginner

@AR_A_Intel 

Hello, thanks for your answer. However, we apply the partial reconfiguration license again today and get the same wrong license again. We asked for Quartus Standard Edition partial reconfiguration license but what we got couldn't run. It seems that we got Quartus "Pro" Edition license for other board partial reconfiguration license, however our board Startix V needs the Quartus Standard Edition partial reconfiguration.

In pdf attached, page 1 note 3 it needs a special partial reconfiguration license. Could you help us to apply for it? Thanks a lot

Attached is the license.txt file.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Regrettably, we could not help you to apply the university license as this is out of our expertise. If you have any question regarding Intel University Program, drop an Email to psg.university@intel.com       

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos
GIEE430
Beginner

@AR_A_Intel 

Hello, thanks a lot. However, we applied for license for university program for Quartus Standard Edition partial reconfiguration license. However, we always got the wrong license continuously.

0 Kudos
GIEE430
Beginner

@AR_A_Intel 

Hello, thanks a lot. However, we applied for a license for University Program regarding “Quartus Standard Edition Partial Reconfiguration for DE-5”.

However, we kept receiving the wrong licenses.

0 Kudos