Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Does anyone know how to run Quartus 19.1 Lite (non-licensed) on Linux (Parrot)?

falumamx
Beginner

I have installed version 19.1 of Quartus on Linux (Parrot). But although it is the Lite version, the program appears as a Standard Edition 30-day trial, and it does not allow me to use the functions of the Lite version.

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 22.56.00.pngScreen Shot 2020-05-24 at 23.16.58.png

0 Kudos
10 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

The About Quartus Prime indicates that the software you are using is the Standard edition. Could you reinstall the Lite edition software software?

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/19.1/?edition=lite&platform=linux

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
falumamx
Beginner
Yes, actually that is weird. I installed the Lite version. I also installed some previous versions and the same thing happens. El mar., 26 may. 2020 a las 20:48, Intel Forums (<supportreplies@intel.com>) escribió:
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know what are the previous versions you have tried to install?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
falumamx
Beginner
18.1 lite El mar., 9 de junio de 2020 0:53, Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> escribió:
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Can you uninstall all the version and reinstall the software? The Intel Quartus Prime Lite v20.1 is released today. You may try to install this latest version

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/20.1/?edition=lite&platform=windows

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Do you have any updates?

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
falumamx
Beginner
Hi, thanks, I have already installed the Intel Quartus Prime Lite v20.1, but I see that it's has the same behavior (the program appears as Standard Edition with 30 days limit) :/ In Ubuntu, Quartus Prime Lite works fine but not in Parrot OS, let me just say that both are Debian based. El lun., 22 de junio de 2020 1:21, Intel Forums <supportreplies@intel.com> escribió:
0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

The Intel Quartus Prime software is supported officially on Ubuntu OS but not Parrot OS. You may refer to the list of OS support here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/os-support.html

Thanks.

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

Best regards,

KhaiY

0 Kudos