Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1152 Discussions

Does the license of Quartus® Prime Pro Edition and the OpenCL FPGA SDK license are the same license?

sLi001
Novice

Hello everyone,I installed Opencl FPGA SDK, and I placed the license.dat in the  LM_LICENSE_FILE. I set environment variables. "aoc diagonse" is passed .But when I compile the kernel using the aoc -o instruction, I get an error that the license cannot be found. The system I use is Centos7, I checked many answers but none of them solved my problem. Quartus recognizes the license, but opencl fpga SDK does not.My board is de5a_net_e1,the bsp is 16.1.I think there is something wrong with my license installation. I just put the license in that location and found it on Quartus. Am I doing something less?微信截图_20191203162854.png

the error is "Could not acquire a valid license for the Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM).verilog generate failed"

My problem likes his https://forums.intel.com/s/feed/0D50P00003yyTj2SAE

0 Kudos
10 Replies
sLi001
Novice

the version of SDK is 16.1

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the device OPN number?

I have to check this device whether it can be used in v17.1 or not, this is because with newer version ie:v17.1 do not need the OpenCL lisence file.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sLi001
Novice

Hi,

Does the Terasic Arria10 DE5A_NET_E1 is my device OPN number?

I'm sure that it supports OpenCL FPGA SDK 17.1 because I can find the 17.1 BSP on the terasic website https://www.terasic.com.tw/cgi-bin/page/archive.pl?Language=English&No=970&PartNo=4.

I have tried to install Quartus Prime Pro 17.1 but failed. Every time I install to 80%, the installer crashes.I tried the centos 7 and 8.

Only Quartus Prime Pro 16.1 can be installed completely on the centos7 but aoc can't work.

I think my system has fewer plug-ins installed, but I don't know what plug-ins.

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Does your OPN device number is 10AX115N2F45E1SG?

I would like to know the exact version for the Centos (ie:7.3) you have used?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sLi001
Novice

Hi,

You are right ,the OPN number is  10AX115N2F45E1SG.

The version for the Centos is 7.3(1611) 7.7(1708) and 8.0(1905) .Opencl fpga sdk 16.1 can install on the centos 7.7 but 17.1 could not.

I don't know what the problem is.

Thanks

0 Kudos
sLi001
Novice
0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I had checked the OPN device number with Quartus Prime Pro v18.1.1 to v19.3. The device is supported in the latest version. 

Can you try to do a clean uninstall for both Quartus Prime Pro and OpenCL SDK software, then install the latest Quartus Prime Pro v19.3 and OpenCL SDK Pro v19.3?

Link to download Quartus Prime Pro (included OpenCL SDK Pro software) as below:  

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/19.3/?edition=pro&platform=linux 

Please note that the Disk space: A full installation of the Intel FPGA Complete Design Suite v19.3 requires approximately 35GB of available disk space on the drive or partition where you are installing the software. 

If the error still persist, can you try the OS version that officially supported in the link https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/requirements/19.3/?

Thanks

0 Kudos
sLi001
Novice

Hi,

I can install the lateast version but how do I get the 19.3 BSP?​

Thanks

0 Kudos
sLi001
Novice

Hi,

My board is DE5A_NET_E1 ,it's OPN number is same as the DE5A_NET_DDR4 .Does my board can use the BSP of DDR4?

I don't find the v19.3 BSP of my board on the www.terasic.com .

Thanks

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi, 

I can find the device OPN number as mentioned last time: 10AX115N2F45E1SG in Quartus Prime Pro 19.3.

You can find and set it by click Assignment>Device>Family Arria 10(GX,SX,GT), then find the device OPN number as the picture attached: 

Device.PNG

Thanks

0 Kudos