Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Download dev tools for Cyclone V GT FPGA Development Kit?

JerryDoty
Beginner

Hello,

I'm trying to install/use an Altera Cyclone V GT FPGA development board that my company recently purchased. The getting started guide lists URLs to download one-year licensed versions of Quartus Prime, ModelSim, and board design files. However, all of the links point to "www.altera.com" which no longer exists. Moreover, the documentation references software versions that I cannot find on the Intel site (e.g., Quartus II Subscription Edition). Finally there is no reference to a Self-Service Licensing Center that would allow me to active a license -- even if I found the correct versions.

Can someone please help me find a reference to download the design tools? Or at a minimum, provided me with contact information for Altera support?

Despite my numerous attempts to contact Intel, I was unable to find contact (email or phone) for Altera FPGA rep. The Intel Help Desk suggested that I reach contact this community support form. 

I apologize if this seams like a pedestrian request. I did "RTFM" that came with the dev board and did some the obligatory Googling. Both of which returned bupkis. I'm an experienced Xilinx developer and  have not used Altera FPGAs since long before the Intel assimilation. Unfortunately, all of my old Altera contacts have since moved on to other companies.

Thank You,

Jerry Doty

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Welcome to INTEL forum. Regarding license activation, the development kit comes with a serial number that is stated either on the box or a customer letter. You can check with the dealer where you purchased the development kit.

This serial number serves as a license activation code to activate your Quartus software license via the Self-Service Licensing Center. Check if the software DKE license is visible in the Products and Users View in Self-Service Licensing Center. If the license is visible, no activation is needed. You may proceed to create the new license file. If the license is not visible, the serial number will be the activation code for you to activate the license.

refer to our user guide.

https://www.altera.com/content/dam/altera-www/global/en_US/pdfs/education/demonstrations/online/licensing/how-to-activate-license.pdf

0 Kudos
JerryDoty
Beginner

Thank you for the link. It was very helpful. I was able to access the Self-Service Licensing Center after completing the registration process. I've download a copy of Quarts Standard Edition version 20. My guess is that this is the correct replacement for the Quartus II Subscription Edition mentioned in User's Guide. If that is an incorrect version, please let me know.

I'm now in the process of installing the dev board and software on a Linux server. If I have problems obtaining a license key, I'll follow-up with additional comment.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jerry 

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi

Sounds good, hope everything will work well at your side and thanks for your update

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos