Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1217 Discussions

Execution Issues with Intel Stratix 10 TX Board Test System (BTS)

roy970509
Novice

Hell, I am encountering an issue with my Intel Stratix 10 TX series board, specifically model 1ST280EY2F551VG, while attempting to run the Board Test System (BTS). Below are the details:

1. I am currently using the Quartus Prime Pro software, version 23.2.
  2. I have successfully obtained and applied the license from the Self-Licensing Center.
  3. The issue arises when trying to execute the BTS for operational testing. I have downloaded the "Production (18.1 or higher)" version from the provided Intel link [https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/products/details/fpga/development-kits/stratix/10-tx-signal-integrity.html], extracted the files, but the BTS fails to proceed beyond the loading stage, as depicted in the attached image.
  4. I require guidance on resolving this loading issue and properly executing the BTS for my board.

Any assistance or step-by-step instructions you could provide would be greatly appreciated. Should you need further information to assist me, please let me know.

Thank you for your support.

KakaoTalk_20231127_131126666.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Based on my understanding, Stratix 10 TX SI Development Kit release is based on Quartus Prime Pro 18.1.2 B277 and the BTS test for the manufactured board was also generated using same Quartus version.

The issue may be attributed to differences in the system console across various Quartus revisions. It is advisable to utilize the correct Quartus version, as it has undergone testing for compatibility. TQ

0 Kudos
roy970509
Novice

Thank you for your response. I apologize for the delay in checking your message. I have now tried running the program with the Quartus Prime Pro version 18.1.2.277, and encountered the following issue. I have already attempted all the methods mentioned in below message.

Failed to register GUI application!

Please make sure the following settings are correct:
-Make sure device list on JTAG chain is correct.
-Only one application instance is opened.
-All service is closed which is opened or claimed by system-console.
-Connect the board through on board USB-Blaster II.

If all settings are correct and still have the problem, you can try the following methods and then restart this application:
-Lower Jtag Clock with "jtagconfig --setparam <cable> JtagClock <value>" command.
-End java and jtagserver.exe process on Windows Task Manager.
-Power cycle the board.
-Restart your computer.
-Reconfigure the system MAX image.

3.png
0 Kudos
Elina_Intel
Employee

Hello,

I believe this pertains to the same matter as Case 06064656. I will close this issue as the customer concern has been successfully resolved.

Thanks

Best Regards,

Elina

0 Kudos