Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

FLEXLM PORT

Pvilla
Beginner

we purchased Quartus Standard and DSP Builder with a floating license. i was able to install and set up flexlm for the Quartus software but am having problems with the DSP builder. i selected a port outside of the 27000-28000 range and checked to make sure it was available (it is) but i cannot get the DSP builder service to start up. i went to the training course for setting up the floating license, set it up according to the instructions and still no luck. 

Not sure if this is related to my issue, but i do keep getting an error that says "Windows preferred path <systemdrive>\programdata to store service data is not set. Please ensure local service user has modify priviledge on the folder containing the debug.log " i checked and it does

I have tried several ports (outside the requested range) and nothing seems to allow it to start. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. To narrow down this issue. Can you provide your

1)full debug/error.log file

2) Error message screen shot

3) Quartus version use

4) Machine OS information

5) License.dat file

And for privacy, you can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We do not receive any response from you to the previous reply that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Pvilla
Beginner

you did not receive any emails about this and when i reached out to the intel support they told me that they would have someone contact me and that never happened. you can archive this case

0 Kudos
Jeffrey_C_Intel
Employee

In general, the DSP Builder license is an "increment" to your existing Quartus Standard license using the "alterad" daemon.  You should not have to create a whole new license server / port environment to get it to work.  You would copy/paste the 3-4 lines into your license.dat file that Quartus information exists and then reload.  Should be tagged with C4D5_512A (see below).  Same way that you would add individual pieces of IP.  Hope that this helps (or that you already resolved the issue).

FEATURE C4D5_512A alterad

0 Kudos