Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1152 Discussions

How can I get a Max+plusII 10.2 BASELINE license ?

JKate2
Beginner

link (below) for self-licensing of Maxwork is BROKEN;

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/AlteraLicensing/license/index.html.

Other attempts:

I have entered both the Ethernet adapter address: 98FA9B0EBFB5

and the hard drive ID: F669-97BC All I get is email saying;

There is an issue in generating the license for this provided NIC/Host ID: 98FA9B0EBFB5

0 Kudos
18 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. We are having intermittent problem with our Sign On systems. Due to ongoing issues you could sign/login using link

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner
Still doesn't work I received same response: There is an issue in generating the license for this provided NIC/Host ID: 98FA9B0EBFB5 Please check your NIC/Host ID and try again. If you still encounter problems, please contact our customer support. Why don't you try with same NIC ID ? John Kates
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi sir

Apologize for the inconvenience happen. We have created IPS case base on your issue (#00460565). Please give me some time to further check with our customer service team regarding your issue. I’ll be back with an update.

0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

I am having problems getting a license as well for MAX+II Baseline. I have tried all of the links. The only reply I get is ... There is an issue in generating the license for this provided NIC/Host ID: D067E520AE3C ... Can you generate a license and email it to me?? My hard drive s/n is B46E-309B and my NIC is D067E520AE3C .. My email is engineering@researchconcepts.com, company phone is 913 422 0210, cell: 913 526 8650. Thanks for your help, Steven Mikinski

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Done checking, there is no license tagged to Host ID 98FA9B0EBFB5. For Maxplus II license, you may get the license by going to : https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/legacy/maxplus2/mp2-index.html . You will be guided through the license request process. Once the process is complete, your license will be sent to you via email.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner
I have done the request baseline license procedure at: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/licensing/lic-max2baseline.html procedure many times. If any response at all, I get: There is an issue in generating the license for this provided NIC/Host ID: 98FA9B0EBFB5 ​How do I get Intel/Alters to understand that the license generation for MaxPlus baseline process is broken ? Have you tried to get a license for the NIC I'm using ? Why can't you try so you can see the problem ?
0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

I also am having difficulties in getting a license for MAX+PLUS II Baseline. On August 30, approximately 9am, I requested a license for a PC with this NIC ... D067E520AE3C. It has been more than 24 hours and I have not received a license file. Today, I requested a license using Hard Drive serial number B46E-309B

I will let you know how this works. If you can create a license file please email it to me at ... engineering@researchconcepts.com

Thank you for your support ...

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner
on 1SEP2019 Arrow Intel/Altera guy said "Hmm Still nothing back from Intel They have exceeded the 48 hour window, so I will have to send them a nasty WTF message" I assume Arrow has a way to contact a living breathing human. I'll keep you updated John Kates jxi2 915-856-0241
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

We apologies for the inconvenience and for the delay in response as we had a public holiday until 3 September 2019. We try replicate this issue with our NICID and the link https://www.altera.com/support/support-resources/download/legacy/maxplus2/mp2-index.html for Maxplus II license request work as expected and no error message. Could you help reconfirm again your PC NICID number.  You can find it by typing (ipconfig /all) at a command prompt and at the Ethernet adapter Ethernet location.

0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

AAbd - has there been any progress on this. My NIC is D067E520AE3C. My hard drive serial number is B46E-309B. I have tried numerous times via the web site to get a license without success. I no longer get the error messages.

Can you log into the site and get a Max Plus II Baseline license using my NIC id? Please respond? Thanks, Mike Mikinski, engineering@researchconcepts.com.

0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

I am not sure if you got my reply of Sept 4 to your email ... The 'ipconfig /all reports the NIC ID as ... D0-67-E5-20-AE-3C. I did use this NIC ID to obtains a license file for MAX PLUS II Baseline on March 7, 2019.  Per the instructions on the web site I entered the NIC ID without hyphens (D067E520AE3C). Again, thank you for your help, Mike Mikinski, engineering@researchconcepts.com, 913 422 0210, cell: 913 526 8650. I am located the Central US, this is the Chicago time zone.

Please help, I am getting some pressure from my management to ship the product, again, thanks for your support, Mike Mikinski

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner

Mike:

I also tried today with your NIC ID.

And I haven't received any email response at all.

Not even the "problem" response I previously received.

I'm beginning to suspect that maybe the license is being genned.

But not being sent or sent to wrong email address.

I had to update my email address to the commercial email address for my company

to log onto the support forum.

Maybe that triggered a problem.

John

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner

I think maybe now it isn't a license gen problem anymore

because I get no email response at all anymore.

I have quadruple checked the NIC address for the Ethernet adapter on my Thinkpad:

98FA9B0EBFB5

Can you try to gen a Max10.2 baseline license for this NIC and send it to me.

I have the Intel guy at our disti (Arrow) working on this issue but he said he couldn't get

license yet either.

John Kates

jxi2

915-856-0241 email jkates@jxi2.com

0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

Mike Mikinski here ... I tried to get a license using your NIC ... 98FA9B0EBFB5 ... I'll let you know what happens. Our customer cancelled the part of the order that required the new PLD, Mike Mikinski, engineering at researchconcepts.com, 913 422 0210

0 Kudos
SMiki
Beginner

John (jkates@jxi2.com) - no luck getting a MaxPlus II Baseline license. Mike Mikinski

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Apologize for the inconvenience happen. The MAX+PLUS II Software Licensing Request portal is recovered. Kindly request your license in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/licensing/lic-max2baseline.html    

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner

Thanks for your help. Problem solved.

First try I received license based on Ethernet adapter ID.

But for some reason Max2work wanted ID for a wireless LAN adapter instead of Ethernet adapter.

Fortunately Max2WORK reported the ID it wanted which I confirmed was a wireless LAN adapter.

So I requested another license using the wireless LAN ID and that license works OK.

John Kates

jxi2

915-856-0241

0 Kudos
JKate2
Beginner

I received the support message below today and was able to gen a license for MAC+PLUSII.

Apologize for the inconvenience happen. The MAX+PLUS II Software Licensing Request portal is recovered. Kindly request your license in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/licensing/lic-max2baseline.html   

0 Kudos