Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

How do I download the free 'lite' verion of Quartus II

garryg
Beginner

I recently downloaded the 'Quartus II Web Edition (Free) Quartus II Software' package, or so I thought.
I thought I had downloaded the free 'Intel Quartus Prime Lite Edition' of the software, but on installation it asked me for a licence.

On the help screen it says this is a 'Full Version' and I currently have it running on a 30 day trial.
So how do I go about downloading the free 'lite' version of the software, if this is not it?

Or do I have to get a free a licence file version for this installation?
If so how, and from where?
Is the 'Academic: Only for academic/education/hobby purposes' licence the free one, or is that just at a reduced cost?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Can you let me know which version of Quartus II Web Edition this is? Quartus II Web Edition Versions 8.1 onwards does not require a license file.

Here is an old thread you can refer to: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-FPGA-Software-Installation/Can-t-get-new-Quartus-Web-5-0-license/td-p/715052

Regards,

Nurina

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

We did not receive any response to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided, thus I will put this case to close pending. Please post a response in the next 15 days to allow me to continue to support you. After 15 days, this thread will be transitioned to community support. The community users will be able to help you with your follow-up questions.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos