Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1152 Discussions

How to download ModelSim-Intel Starter Edition (page errors prevent it) ?

rgill7
Beginner

When trying to load the page related to Quartus Prime Lite Edition, for some reason the browser jumps from the HTTPS protocol to HTTP and the page scripts get into trouble and the login process fails on https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/saml_login/?acs.

As a result it becomes impossible to download the Starter Editions things (and probably others as well).

This happens in Chrome (74.0.3729.131) and Firefox (60.6.1esr) on Linux and also on older version of these on Linux and Windows.

Some helpfull customers provided direct links (which work), however there should be a systemic solution to the problem (correct the bugs in the original page scripts....).

6 Replies
MSchm49
Beginner

I have the same issue. Seems to be a recent bug since my students were able to install the software just fine a week ago and now it appears to be broken.

Hope this gets some visibility and fixed soon.

0 Kudos
SIamm
Beginner

Same problem here,

I'm trying to download Quartus Lite edition (18.1) with modelsim, but not downloader or direct download method are working.

The site redirect me to the Intel login page, but after clicking "login" it returns an error page:

(url: https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/saml_login/?acs)

"Download center my Intel Login

errors: invalid_response

samlNameId: None samlSessionIndex: None"

And two button (that do nothing):

Login, Login and access to attrs page

I need this program for university, hope they fix it asap.

(update 03 may 2018): in the download page, try to login. The right sidebar appears, insert your user&pass and clock login button (one or more time). Nothing happens, but if you now return back and try to direct download it works, also if the page doesn't show that you are logged in. (This works for me, I'm using Chrome)

APAST3
Beginner

Same problem here! Can't download Quartus or any support for FPGAs ... frustrating as heck.

RichardTanSY_Intel
Do you all still face the same problem? I did some troubleshooting tips like cleared my browser data cache. Both downloader and direct download work so far. The troubleshooting tips can be found beside the 'download selected files' button.
0 Kudos
NUnde2
Beginner

Problem persists across browsers / incognito and ubuntu / windows. Tried logging in before the download page but always directs me to the login page. It really redirects like crazy not sure if that is the intent or issue. I used a direct link to the download and it works.

0 Kudos
eshuk
Beginner

Same problem here! Can't download Quartus or any support for FPGAs ... frustrating as heck.

https://fpgasoftware.intel.com/saml_login/?acs

0 Kudos