Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

How to obtain a Questa license when using Quartus Pro 21.3 without a license?

mindchasers
New Contributor I

Hello,

I have just installed Quartus Pro 21.3 to use with Cyclone 10 GX (free license), but I'm not sure how to get a Questa (Intel Starter Edition) license.

I have visited the Self Service Licensing Center, but it seems that I can't do much there without a valid license. 

Please let me know how I should obtain a Questa license for my use case.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Dear mindchasers,

1. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: 6-month Questa-Intel FPGA Edition (paid version) licenses (expiring April 30th, 2022) will be available in SSLC, associated with Intel Quartus Prime Standard or Pro edition licenses purchased in 2021.

2. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: Existing Intel® Quartus® Standard and Pro licensees will be upgraded to SW-ONE-Quartus, and therefore they are eligible for Questa licenses for the remainder of their license maintenance period.

3. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: Existing ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition licensees will be upgraded to Questa-Intel FPGA Edition (paid version) for the remainder of their license maintenance period.

4. Available now: The free Starter edition (40% of the paid edition) license is available in SSLC.

If you required to use evaluation license, you may contact you distributor FAE. They will help to generate the license for you.

Thanks!

Wani

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Hi mindchasers,

Thank you for contacting Intel FPGA Community Forum.

We have received you issue. Please allow me some time to review your case.

Wani

0 Kudos
Zawani_M_Intel
Employee

Dear mindchasers,

1. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: 6-month Questa-Intel FPGA Edition (paid version) licenses (expiring April 30th, 2022) will be available in SSLC, associated with Intel Quartus Prime Standard or Pro edition licenses purchased in 2021.

2. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: Existing Intel® Quartus® Standard and Pro licensees will be upgraded to SW-ONE-Quartus, and therefore they are eligible for Questa licenses for the remainder of their license maintenance period.

3. Starting Oct 15th, 2021: Existing ModelSim-Intel FPGA Edition licensees will be upgraded to Questa-Intel FPGA Edition (paid version) for the remainder of their license maintenance period.

4. Available now: The free Starter edition (40% of the paid edition) license is available in SSLC.

If you required to use evaluation license, you may contact you distributor FAE. They will help to generate the license for you.

Thanks!

Wani

0 Kudos