Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

I have downloaded and installed Quartus II 8.1 Web edition in my 64bit Windows 10 PC. The literature says no license is required , but the SOPC builder says the SOF will be timelimited. Getting a web license does not help. Can some one help me please?

KAV00
Beginner

I did get a license file and specified the license .dat file in license setup.

The license.dat contents are:

FEATURE quartus_lite alterad 2020.04 15-apr-2020 uncounted \

18C8547B1461 HOSTID=98e7f4eed5ae SIGN="01F9 E2B6 221E 9609 \

41F8 C395 0ABF BF31 3BE3 6981 B845 C990 ACAB AF88 5184 00CF \

9230 C640 B79D 0472 01A2 696D 268A 443F E7F2 78A8 5A7A CBB2 \

D70D F40E"

This is the message I see while generating the SOPC builder:

# 2019.11.18 22:51:26 (*)  Checking for plaintext license.

# 2019.11.18 22:51:28 (*)  Plaintext license not found.

# 2019.11.18 22:51:28 (*)  Checking for encrypted license (non-evaluation).

# 2019.11.18 22:51:29 (*)  Encrypted license not found. Defaulting to OCP evaluation license (produces a time-limited SOF)

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Beginning with Quartus 8.1 web & later Quartus Lite editions don`t require paid license but if you are using 'Nios II Embedded Design Suite' then it is necessary to have license, please go through the links below & either apply for 'Nios II Embedded Design Suite' license using self service licensing center or use latest Quartus Pro version,

https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyJL8SAM/quartus-ii-sopc-builder-compilation-issues?language=en_US

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/knowledge-base/solutions/rd02252005_182.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/esc1425946071433.html#mwh1410890928065

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/index.html

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

Thank you for your reply. I have been using Quartus II 6.0 and NIOS IDE 6.0 since 2007 till 2015 without any problem as I had a perpetual licence when I purchased the development kit based on EP2c35.

In the year 2015 my PC crashed and after repairing it, I could get another perpetual license from Altera help.

I am attaching it here.

This PC is a 32 bit XP and the attached license works well with it.

My requirement now is to shift all operations to this new windows 10 PC in which I have downloaded and installed ver 8.1 Quartus II ans NIOS IDE. The web license I got does not allow me to generate a non time limited SOPC system. Can you please suggest how I can get the license similar to that I am using on XP system in this PC.

You might wonder why I am not going beyond ver 8.1. The reason is that I want to stick to SOPC concept than shift over to Qsys as I am more familiar with SOPC builder. SOPC is not available in later versions.

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Thanks for the detail information.

First check the license for "Nios II Embedded Processor Encrypted Output (00A2)" for that go to the 'License Setup' in 'Tools' menu of the Quartus and make sure you have "Nios II Embedded Processor Encrypted Output (00A2)" listed. If you don`t have license then need to purchase it from self service licensing center,

Please refer to the attached screen shot. Please submit the "Contact Customer Service" form in this link to request 'Nios II Embedded Design Suite License'

feature,

https://fpgasupport.intel.com/Licensing/license/contact.html

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/esc1425946071433.html#mwh1410890917582

please let me know if you have any different concern.

Regards,

Vicky

sslc_form.png

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please contact to 'customer service' as I suggested in previous post & describe the issue in 'Description' then they may guide you.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Have you tried to contact 'customer service' as I suggested in previous post?

please provide any update received from them.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

I am attaching the screen display on my XP where it shows the licenses and I am able to work on it with Ver 8.1 web without problem.

All I want is to do the same from my Windows 10 PC . Is it not possible to add the windows 10 PC as a co worker?

As I have a perpetual license because I purchased the development kit, why should I "purchase" the license again?

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

Please provide similar screenshot for windows 10 since you are having issue with it.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi,

I found this at the licensing website.

The companion license screen shows 2 entries on my name. Can I change the 2nd entry to my Windows 10 PC?

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi,

Here is the license screen shot on windows10 PC.

(Somehow I am not seeing your recent reply here. I saw it in my email.)

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi,

I am attaching the product I purchased in 2007. I made some notes on top when I got the license in 2015.

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

I contacted customer service and sent my problem. I am awaiting response from them

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

May I know any update or Should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

As suggested by you I contacted Customer Service and described my issue. I got a mail with the following details:

Case Number: 00478642

Subject: Companion/temp license issue

Next day I got the following mail from non.ips.licensing@intel.com:

Hi Krishna,

For your issue, kindly file a ticket at Forum https://forums.intel.com/s/?language=en_US.

Regards,

Winnie

The link she gave takes me back to the forum and I did not see any reference to file a ticket.

What should I do? Can you please help.

Krishna

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Krishna,

I believe, you should have received another email from support team regarding of new licensing file. please proceed further as per their suggestion & help me to close this case.

If you have any different issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Krishna,

May I know any update or should I consider that case to be closed?

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
KAV00
Beginner

Hi Vicky,

Thank you very much for your help. Winnie has sent me a license file for the new PC and it is working.

You may close this now.

Krishna

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for the update & glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos