Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

I obtained a license from the Self Help License Site for my Stratix 10 Development Kit but the Quartus Prime Software does not recognize the license.dat as a valid license

NLewi3
Beginner

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. may i know, is this request related to case # 04212166 ?
0 Kudos
NLewi3
Beginner

To my knowledge a case number has not been assigned.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Sir Thanks for your verification. To narrow down this issue, can you please provide me the latest of the following? 1) Debug.log file 2) Error message screen shot 3) Machine OS information 4) license.dat file You can also reply/attach your file in private message.
0 Kudos
NLewi3
Beginner
The cause of this problem was due to the Self Licensing Tool using a computer from 7 years ago. Since there are no instructions with the Self Licensing Tool I was unaware of this. Trial and error is no way to learn how to use a Tool.. At that point it is no longer a tool and merely an object of frustration. Now, I have a new problem. My Windows 10 OS will not recognize the USB device. I have loaded the drivers multiple times without success. If this wasn’t so frustrating it would be funny. Nik Lewis Sr. Systems Engineer
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Can you give me a little background/elaborate on current issue, error messages any difficulty that could help on understanding this issue. what do you mean Windows 10 OS will not recognize the USB device? could you verify the USB device?
0 Kudos