Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

IPS-VIDEO license activation for Quartus II Lite

marqs
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to activate IPS-VIDEO license in self-service licensing center but it requires a product to be linked with. I downloaded optional license for Quartus II Lite, but I just received a .dat file on e-mail and no activation code for licensing center so that I could have linked IPS-VIDEO with it. IP Base Suite FAQ mentions that a seat license should be requested for it to work with Quartus II Lite, does the same method apply for IPS-VIDEO and other IP?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Could you provide the IPS-VIDEO license.dat file for checking?

Also kindly advise the following.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding, the IPS-VIDEO require a valid and pay license to activated. 

0 Kudos
marqs
Beginner

A pay license for Quartus (i.e. Standard / Pro) on top of purchased license for IPS-VIDEO? I can't see such requirement explicitly stated anywhere in the documentation. If that is really the case, it's bad practice to include IPS-VIDEO or any other licensable IP in Quartus Lite if they are only usable in evaluation mode and not in full when one actually purchases the IP license. At least there should be a clear indication in documentation to avoid misunderstandings.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

IP Base Suite are provided free with the Quartus Prime and Quartus Prime Pro Edition Software. For Quartus Lite/web, user need to purchase IP Base Suite separately if wanted to use full version.

0 Kudos
marqs
Beginner

The question is not about IP Base Suite (IPS-VIDEO is not part of it as far as I understand). I just mentioned IP Base Suite as an example / reference point since it has a FAQ stating it can be used with Quartus Lite if license is purchased. I'm trying do the same with IPS-VIDEO for which I've purchased the license.

0 Kudos
marqs
Beginner

I checked some other distributors like Arrow & Digikey and they don't seem to have IPS-VIDEO available anymore - has it been replaced with some other license or perhaps included in Quartus Standard/Pro license recently? There no information available online so I'd appreciate if someone here could clear the confusion and confirm that a) IPS-VIDEO hasn't become obsolete and b) whether its activation requires other licenses such as Quartus Standard/Pro? It saves everyone's time if I don't have to escalate the issue with the seller.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Thanks for update. Could you provide the IPS-VIDEO license.dat file for checking?

Also kindly advise the following.

Name :

Email Address :

Company Name :

Company Address :

NICID(Mac Add) :

You can also reply/attach your file in private message.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Solution is provided in private message mail. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos