Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Installation script for Quartus on N3000-N/2

daehyeok
Novice

Hello,

I am trying to install Quartus Pro to develop our N3000-N/2 board by following this manual:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/zsf1588015530773.html#svq1588807739794

The document mentioned that there's a dev installer to install Quartus 19.2, but it seems no longer available. I used to download it from here (https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/products/boards_and_kits/dev-kits/altera/intel-fpga-pac-n3000/getting-started.html), but the link to download the installer now redirects me to the download center.

Can I download the Quartus pro 19.2 from the download center and install it? Is there any special instruction for the N3000-N/2 board?

Thanks,

Daehyeok

1 Solution
Shivam_Shobhit
New Contributor I

Hey @daehyeok 

Hope you are doing well. 

I will be very happy to tell you that you can use this link to download the Quartus Pro 19.2  and install it.

Also, I will be happy to tell you that there is no such special instruction for the N3000-N/2 board. 

Do reply for any further related queries.

Regards,

Shivam_Shobhit 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Shivam_Shobhit
New Contributor I

Hey @daehyeok 

Hope you are doing well. 

I will be very happy to tell you that you can use this link to download the Quartus Pro 19.2  and install it.

Also, I will be happy to tell you that there is no such special instruction for the N3000-N/2 board. 

Do reply for any further related queries.

Regards,

Shivam_Shobhit 

0 Kudos
daehyeok
Novice

Thanks for the pointer. That's the same link I mentioned in the original post, and it directs me to the download center. 

Originally, it's the link to n3000_ias_1_3_1_pv_dev_centos_installer.tar.gz, which is used in the user guide. 

0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

The v1.1 Acceleration Stack for FPGA developement is removed.

You will have to use the v1.3.1 Acceleration Stack for FPGA developement (this is what im trying to point you to): 

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/f/download/accelerator/eula-pac-n3000-n-v1-3-1-dev-centos.html?swcode=WWW-SWD-IAS-N3000-PV-DEV-CENTOS-131

I would suggest that you use this installation package instead of downloading the Quartus separately. This will avoid problems initializing and getting all the paths correct when you run init_env.sh + this installation package provides some RTL packages to get you started on development which you will need to use the "make" command to configure the Ethernet settings. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
daehyeok
Novice
0 Kudos
JonWay_C_Intel
Employee

I’m glad that your question has been addressed, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos