Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

License for Quartus II 8.1 / Setup of Quartus II 7.2

Buergler
Beginner

Dear all

I'm absolutely aware that Quartus II 8.1 and prior has been discontinued. But our company has an old device where the FPGA configuration has been written with version 7.2.

We could now use version 7.2 where we do not have any installer, or use 8.1 since there we have the software and an valid key. Sadly 8.1 is the latest version we can use, due to the SOPC builder software.

But if we want to go with 8.1 we need now another License for this Software, since an external person has to use this software to.

Or we could use 7.2 if we get the software installer.

Is there an way of getting another license for Quartus II 8.1 or the Installer of the Quartus II 7.2?

Is it legal to obtain an old version by an online auction website?

Kind regards,

Buergler

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Sir

Done some checking with teammate. We apologize as the product is old devise/end of life (EOL) and we don’t keep/can’t locate back any doc/information software for it.

Please accept my apologies for not being able to assist you fully.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope all is well. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos