Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Mustang (Arria 10GX) not detected over lspci

azmat
Beginner

I'm enabling a Mustang-F100-A10 (Arria 10GX) in Ubuntu16 using the directions at:

https://docs.openvinotoolkit.org/latest/_docs_install_guides_VisionAcceleratorFPGA_Configure_2019R3.html

After programming the BSP and rebooting in steps 19 and 20, I would expect lspci to show the accelerator card. Unfortunately, after this step the card is not detected and subsequent steps (aocl diagnose) will fail since the driver cannot map to a device.

I've read on a few other forums that link speed can affect enumeration of the device. I think this may be the case for this issue, so im looking for ways to get around this problem. Most of the suggestions ​I've read recommend removing the device via sysfs and then pci rescan. This doesnt seem to apply since the device isn't even visible from the device list. Is there any way to force enumeration?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

May I know the information as below:

1. Do you have download the correct version for Intel® Quartus® Prime Programmer and Tools Standard Edition for v18.1?
  2. Do you have custom the BSP?
  3. With the command: "jtagconfig", do you have get the result as stated in step 15?
  4. Do you have set the jtag clock to 6M?
  5. BIOS version using?

Thanks

0 Kudos
azmat
Beginner

I'm using Intel Quartus Prime v18.1.2.277, downloaded from the Intel FPGA site. The BSP I'm using is a10_1150_sg1_r3. `jtagconfig` works as expected in step 15. I've set the jtag clock to 6M, as mentioned by the instructions.

I actually have an update from this issue. Since I posted this issue, I've been able to get the Mustang card detected via `lspci`. I was able to accomplish this by switching to an entirely new system altogether. The Mustang card now functions just fine on that system. This however, leaves me with some concerns. This is actually the second system where I've experienced a board issue due to an FPGA card. Previously, it was on an Alienware AW-Aurora R7-i7-1060 system running with an Intel PAC card, and now on the system in question where I've plugged in the Mustang card, which is a Dell XPS 8910 (Core i7-6700). I want to build out a series of development platforms with these cards, but now I'm concerned about the reliability. Has anyone else experienced any issues with their platform from using these cards? Are there especial considerations or best practices I should be employing when leveraging PCIe FPGAs?

0 Kudos
MEIYAN_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Can you try to contact IEI company for better support on the PCIE compliance thing with link below: https://www.ieiworld.com/en/online_support_form/

Thanks

0 Kudos