Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

New Project: Logics_Suite,

OJin0
Beginner

Simulation cannot be performed due to the message "Iteration limit 50000 reached".

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
OJin0
Beginner

Logics_Suite project folder.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I would recommend to use Modelsim for your simulation as I able to do so without error.

Capture.JPG

0 Kudos
OJin0
Beginner
Hello, thanks for helping me. I am not using Modelsim yet. So I use Simulation Waveform Editor. I did the simulation again in the Simulation Waveform Editor today, but the error message opens like the attached picture. I hope you simulate it in the Simulation Waveform Editor. Thank you.
0 Kudos
OJin0
Beginner

Hello, thanks for helping me.

I am not using Modelsim yet.

So I use Simulation Waveform Editor.

I did the simulation again in the Simulation Waveform Editor today, but the error message opens like the attached picture.

I hope you simulate it in the Simulation Waveform Editor.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I have request the engineering team to look into this whether this error message can be suppressed or configure the setting.

May I know which Quartus version are you using?

Fyi, you can download and learn to use our ModelSim*-Intel® FPGA Edition tool in our https://fpgasoftware.intel.com webpage.

0 Kudos
OJin0
Beginner
버전은 Quartus Prime 19.1입니다. 회로도 파일로 디자인 한 후 ModeSim으로 시뮬레이션하는 방법에 대한 자습서가 있습니까? 감사합니다.
0 Kudos
OJin0
Beginner
The version is Quartus Prime 19.1. Is there a tutorial on how to simulate with ModeSim after designing with a schematic file? Thank you.
0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

You need to convert your many BDFs to Verilog or VHDL. Open your BDF in the GUI, then go to File->create/update->create hdl design file for current file. You can select Verilog or VHDL.  

For your simulation waveform editor, you can convert it to Modelsim testbench. Open your vwf in the GUI, then go to simulation -> Generate Modelsim Teshbench and script.

With verilog/vhdl file and testbench, you basically can start to simulate using Modelsim.

You can refer to this document on how to simulate using Modelsim:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/ug/ug_gs_msa_qii.pdf

There is also a list of document related to simulation using different simulator and Quartus Pro/std version in the link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/support-centers/quartus-support.html

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I try to set the Iteration limit to 10_000_000 and the simulation still fails in the Simulation Waveform Editor at 4 ns when the reset signal assert from low to high. 
There might be zero-delay loops that exist in your design. Two common causes are a loop that has no exit, or a series of gates with zero delays where the outputs are connected back to the inputs.

vsim Message # 3601:

# The simulator iterates at a given simulation time in zero delay until
# there is no more activity at that time. In order for it to not hang if
# there is a zero-delay oscillation, it limits the number of iterations
# to a default of 10 million. If you reach this limit, the simulation will stop
# with an error. If you receive this error you can increase the iteration
# limit, (via "set IterationLimit <newvalue>") and then try single
# stepping to attempt to determine which instances in the design may be
# oscillating or run the simulation again with -iterationlimit=f and/or +autofindloop. 
# [DOC: ModelSim User's Manual - Detecting infinite zero-delay loops]

# This error message can be suppressed or downgraded to a note or warning.

0 Kudos