Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
856 Discussions

No icons are displayed and MegaWizard Manager freeze

EBoln
New Contributor I

No icons are displayed in the drop-down menu. But if you run quartus through sudo, they are displayed. symlink libstdc ++. so.6 created. Also, when you start normally after the first click, the MegaWizard Manager hangs up

My system:

Ubuntu 18.10

Quartus 16.1 (18.0 too)

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

can you provide the screenshot?

which Quartus Edition(lite/pro/std) ?

Have you configure the bashrc file?

Refer the below link,

http://www.armadeus.org/wiki/index.php?title=Quartus_installation_on_Linux

Regards,

Vikas

EBoln
New Contributor I

quarus.jpg

I use the std edition, but there is no difference in lite, the same problem with 18.0 too.

On the left screenshot, the Quartus is launched as ~/IntelFPGA/16.1/quartus/bin/quartus

On the right screenshot, the Quartus is launched launched using sudo(sudo ~/IntelFPGA/16.1/quartus/bin/quartus)

On ~/.bashrc:

export ALTERAPATH="$HOME/intelFPGA/16.1/" export QUARTUS_ROOTDIR=${ALTERAPATH}/quartus

I do not know how to show (except video) that the plugin manager is frozen

EBoln
New Contributor I

I checked which libraries are loaded in both cases using the ldd command. No difference

JosephC_Intel

Hi,

We suggest you to switch to the latest Quartus release. Kindly refer to below document:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

Go to table 1 for Linux related dependencies.

Thanks,

JosephC

Intel Customer Support