Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Our present Altera license server will be decommissioned in two weeks and I need to rehost the license file. I contacted Intel support and was directed to this forum. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

WMcga2
Beginner

0 Kudos
1 Reply
SyafieqS

Hi William,

You can rehost or transfer a license from one computer to another. You can rehost each license up to three times within your maintenance period.

1. Log on to your My Intel account from www.intel.com.

2. Access the Self-Service Licensing Center.

3. To rehost a license, follow these steps:

a. In the Computers and License Files tab, locate the product you want to rehost.

b. In the Update Computer column, click the pencil icon. c. In the Update Computer dialog box, change the host ID in the Primary Computer ID box, and click the Submit button.

4. Click Get License. Your license file is sent to the email address specified for your My Intel account profile. Your software license type must match the license type of any license you want to assign your computer.

You can refer to this link for more details.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf

(page 35)

Best Regards,

Syafieq

0 Kudos