Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

Prime Pro 18.1 asking for license even though product is licensed

BGree16
Beginner

My adviser requested a Quartus Prime Pro fixed license through the university program. I have this set up on my computer, and the licensing menu shows the product as "Licensed" with an expiration some time in the future. However, anytime I open a project, I get the message "A license file is required to enable compilation for the family of devices". Am I doing something wrong? I can provide any more information if needed.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Vicky1
Employee

Hi,

what device family(FPGA device) are you using in your project? use device from supported family & please check again...

My adviser requested a Quartus Prime Pro 18.1 fixed license through the university program --- Quartus pro 18.1 from university program, are you sure?

If it is from University program then refer "University Program Software Licenses" from link below,

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/esc1425946071433.html#mwh1410890916131

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
BGree16
Beginner

Vicky,

I apologize for the late reply. We are using Arria 10 devices. The license I have says "The following is a license file for Quartus Pro Subscription Edition University Fixed Number of seat licenses is 1". It is from the University Program. Thanks!

Brad

0 Kudos
Vicky1
Employee

Hi Brad,

It`s okay & nice to see you again.

If I am not mistaken, setting up of a fixed licensing is not done it properly, you might be using 'Enter free mode with limited device family support' option in license setup instead of 'If you have a valid license file, specify the location of your license file'.

refer the link below especially Figure 2. & try to set it properly, if you still see the issue go through the entire Intel FPGA Software Installation and Licensing document.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/documentation/esc1425946071433.html#mwh1410890924977

Regards,

Vicky

0 Kudos
BGree16
Beginner

Vicky,

I think I may have found out the problem, it appears we accidentally gave the wrong NIC ID when requesting the license. I didn't notice this before, but I realized something didn't look right when I was reading the license file again. The IDs didn't match. Thanks for the assistance!

Brad

0 Kudos