Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Quartus 19.1 license issue.

SKinz
Novice

I've started using Quartus 19.1 and went to fire up the interface planner and got: Current license file does not support the 10AT115S1F45E1SG. Is this a bug or do I need to restart the LM with a new daemon.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SKinz
Novice

The fitter also has the same issue. Does anyone know if Intel changed their licensing requirements for Arria 10 GT devices with the release of 19.1 Pro? 18.1 Pro works fine. I don't think FlexLm is the issue but rather the authcodes issued to us don't support the GT devices in 19.1 Pro.

Skip

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. Based on my understanding, this error occurs because the FlexLM library has been upgraded to v11.16.1.0. for Quartus® Prime Pro Edition software version 18.1 Update 2 and latest. Could you help check on this? upgrade the license daemon software on your license server/client PC to the newer version. The new daemon software can be downloaded from the website. https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/support/support-resources/download/licensing/daemons.html
0 Kudos
SKinz
Novice

Thanks. The situation I have is that the machine running the license manager is using Redhat 5.1 and at the moment I cannot upgrade the OS on this machine. Redhat 5 doesn't support the later daemons. I can run under ubuntu 16.04 or later but would need to switch to another machine. Our authcodes expire in August so at a minimum we'll switch then. Is there a possibility of getting a temp license file to test on a new machine before then? I tried generating a companion license on the licensing support site but that didn't actually do what I wanted. It appeared to link back to the manager running on the old machine so I couldn't shut down the manager on the old machine to test if the new file would work against the NIC on the machine I want to move to.

Thanks

Skip

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
You can contact our nearest Intel sales person or distributor for temp/evaluation license. Please find the contact for our sales and distributor from link below: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy/intellectual-property.html Our sale and distributor team shall review and respond to your request.
0 Kudos