Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.

Quartus License

Quartus_2020
Beginner

Does the Quartus 17 license server support Quartus 20.2? If not, will it if I upgrade the license server?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you elaborate what do you mean by ‘upgrade the license server’ is it regarding OS?

0 Kudos
Quartus_2020
Beginner

We have Quartus Prime 17.0 installed, and a license file for it. We would like to use Quartus Prime 20.2, but we see an error when we try to  use it. Does the license file for 17.0 need to be upgraded to work with 20.2?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

To be sure of this, could you provide the error message screenshot?

0 Kudos
Quartus_2020
Beginner

Hello, I have attached the message, it instructs us to acquire a license file to use Quartus 20.2, but we have an old license file already. I've also included the license setup with the Vendor, Product, Version, and Expiration listed. Do the 2021.2 version products grant access to Quartus 20.2? What are the next steps I need to take to use Quartus 20.2?

Thank you

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Intel license is backwards compatibility and will not support upper Quartus version. In your case, you need to apply/buy new license for Quartus version 20.2

Kindly contact your nearest Altera salesperson or distributor to purchase a valid license file.

To order by phone:

>>In the United States and Canada, call Telesales at 1-888-800-0631.

>>Outside the United States or Canada, contact your local sales representative or distributor.

Please find the contact for our sales and distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos