Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Quartus Prime Standard 19.1 silent installation with SCCM

ATseo
Novice

We deploy software at our university using SCCM. Deploying Quartus Prime Standard 19.1 as an available (user initiated) install works fine when using silent switches. When deploying as a required (noninteractive) installation, it gets hung up. No error messages, just a hung installer process "QuartusSetup-19.1.0.670-windows.exe"

Installation command line is as follows:

QuartusSetup-19.1.0.670-windows.exe --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --installdir c:\programs\intelFPGA\19.1 --accept_eula 1

Has anyone else experienced this issue and was able to find a solution?

0 Kudos
10 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Could you try these and see does it work?

To run the installation with minimal or no interaction with the installer:

<product>-<version>.exe --mode unattended --unattendedmodeui minimal --installdir <installation directory>  --accept_eula 1

Reference:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf#page=11

0 Kudos
ATseo
Novice

Unfortunately, changing that switch resulted in the same exact behavior. Installer hangs indefinitely as if it is expecting some sort of input.

RichardTanSY_Intel

I did not saw this behavior in my own machine and I am able to open quartus after installation.

OS Platform: Window 10

Quartus: 19.1 Standard version

The command line that I used is the same as the one that you used. Perhaps you can check whether the System Requirements and Prerequisites are met during installation. Or run the command prompt as administrator.

System Requirements and Prerequisites: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf#page=5

0 Kudos
ATseo
Novice

This command line works fine when installing manually or using Group Policy. It does NOT work when using SCCM. Did you test this with SCCM?

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi, could you try to run the installer with: --skip_registration 1
this will skip installing some prerequisites, adding some registry entries.
Try to see if the installation can succeed.

If not, try running it with: --syncdebugtrace debug.txt
then pass us the debug.txt file. I'll ask the vendor to examine it.

0 Kudos
ATseo
Novice

I missed your last reply. Will test the first option and if it fails, will provide debug log.

0 Kudos
ATseo
Novice

"--skip_registration 1" - did not make any difference

Attached is the debug log as requested.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The engineering will work with the vendor on this.

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

The vendor don't see anything unusual from the debug file.

Could you try to turn off all antivirus software, then try again?

0 Kudos
ATseo
Novice

Hello,

I'm not sure turning off antivirus will solve anything seeing how this application installs properly when run interactively and only silent deployments via SCCM fail.

Thank you for looking into this.

0 Kudos