Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Quartus Std 21.1 does not see my Guard ID

K_Crocker
Novice

This appears to be similar to a post entitled "Installed Quartus 19.3, Does not see my Guard ID. License expires the end of Nov 2019". A public solution wasn't posted so I appear to be in the same bind. I have Quartus Std v18.1.1 running fine. It can see my Guard ID. I recently installed Quartus Std v21.1 and Quartus can no longer locate my USB dongle. Please see attached files.

I've noticed that "C:\intelFPGA\<version>\quartus\drivers\sentinel" directory no longer exists for v21.1, otherwise I would have tried to deinstall/reinstall the drivers.

Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Based on my understanding, the support for Guard ID was removed starting Quartus Std v21.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. Based on my understanding, the support for Guard ID was removed starting Quartus Std v21.1

K_Crocker
Novice

I've requested and installed a fixed license tied to the NIC in my workstation. All is well. Have a great day and thank you for your help!!

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

You're welcome, it's been my pleasure helping you. Hope all is well. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you

0 Kudos
Bondro
Beginner

I have the same issue and my work requires me to bounce between three computer. The dongle gave me the flexibility I need to have without three licenses or using a floating license (which I don't always have access to). Right now I move to 20.1 which does support dongle; however, moving forward can the developer look at how to support a license that deal with a multi-computer work environment (note: I don't share my dongle with any other developer)?

0 Kudos