Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Quartus Web Edition (Free) 13.0.1 Build 232 Linux Browser No Opening

FPGANovice
Beginner

I have installed Quartus Web Edition (Free) 13.0.1 Build 232 for Linux on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. 

Selecting 'Open interactive tutorial' from the initial modular window does nothing.

I closed the window and selected 'Options' from the 'Tools' drop-down. Entering '/lib/firefox/firefox.sh' into the Web Browser field in 'Internet connectivity. 

Closing the application and re-loading still produced no result when selecting the 'Open interactive tutorial' option.

What I am doing wrong, please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the path for Firefox is correct? Shouldn't it have a parent folder before lib, resulting into something like "/usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh"? Or maybe "../lib/firefox/firefox.sh" Try searching for the firefox.sh file and copy the path into the Options tool.

You could also change to a different browser, or reinstall Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the path for Firefox is correct? Shouldn't it have a parent folder before lib, resulting into something like "/usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh"? Or maybe "../lib/firefox/firefox.sh" Try searching for the firefox.sh file and copy the path into the Options tool.

You could also change to a different browser, or reinstall Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

FPGANovice
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Changing browsers (chromium) helped.  But the page just shows a blue band at the top of the browser which flickers at am alarming rate.

At that point, I gave up and used YouTube instead.

kindest regards,

Graham

0 Kudos
Nurina
Employee

Hi Graham,

You could also access the Help Webpage through your browser here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/quartus/gl_quartus_welcome.htm

With that, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!

0 Kudos