Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
822 Discussions

Quartus Web Edition (Free) 13.0.1 Build 232 Linux Browser No Opening

FPGANovice
Beginner

I have installed Quartus Web Edition (Free) 13.0.1 Build 232 for Linux on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS. 

Selecting 'Open interactive tutorial' from the initial modular window does nothing.

I closed the window and selected 'Options' from the 'Tools' drop-down. Entering '/lib/firefox/firefox.sh' into the Web Browser field in 'Internet connectivity. 

Closing the application and re-loading still produced no result when selecting the 'Open interactive tutorial' option.

What I am doing wrong, please?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the path for Firefox is correct? Shouldn't it have a parent folder before lib, resulting into something like "/usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh"? Or maybe "../lib/firefox/firefox.sh" Try searching for the firefox.sh file and copy the path into the Options tool.

You could also change to a different browser, or reinstall Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Nurina
Employee

Hi,

Are you sure the path for Firefox is correct? Shouldn't it have a parent folder before lib, resulting into something like "/usr/lib/firefox/firefox.sh"? Or maybe "../lib/firefox/firefox.sh" Try searching for the firefox.sh file and copy the path into the Options tool.

You could also change to a different browser, or reinstall Quartus.

Regards,

Nurina

FPGANovice
Beginner

Hi Nurina,

Changing browsers (chromium) helped.  But the page just shows a blue band at the top of the browser which flickers at am alarming rate.

At that point, I gave up and used YouTube instead.

kindest regards,

Graham

Nurina
Employee

Hi Graham,

You could also access the Help Webpage through your browser here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/quartushelp/13.0/mergedProjects/quartus/gl_quar...

With that, I now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
Nurina

P/S: If you like my comment, feel free to give Kudos. If my comment solved your problem, feel free to accept my comment as solution!