Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Questa Intel FPGA Starter Edition Failed to checkout license for "randomize()" function call

San22
Novice

Hi Team,

I am using the Questa Intel FPGA Starter 22.1 edition where I obtained the free license by registration.

In the below link , it shows mixed language support.

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/software/programmable/quartus-prime/questa-edition.html

Mixed language support – Verilog/SystemVerilog, VHDL and SystemC

When i try to use the randomize call in the testbench , simulator issues below error

# Error: Failure to checkout svverification license feature.
 # Fatal: (vsim-7099) Unable to check out a verification license for the randomize() feature.

=> Code Snippet:
          item.randomize() with {addr== 8'haa};

Please let us know if the "Questa Intel FPGA Starter edition supports this feature".  If not what is the alternative.

Thanks,
San22
0 Kudos
2 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee

Hello

Welcome to Intel forum. From what I understand, I believe the following constructs require svverification license:

·      randomize

Questa Intel FPGA Starter edition does not support advanced verification features such as randomization.

Customer must purchase Questa Prime from Siemens EDA (Formerly Mentor graphics) to use such features.

For purchase of a license.

Kindly contact your nearest Intel salesperson or distributor from link below:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/partner/where-to-buy/overview.html

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee

We have not heard from you and I hope that my last note clears up this matter and it can now be move forward. I will now transition this thread to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

0 Kudos