Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

Question about license for Quartus Prime

HOkud
Beginner

We have two licenses for Quartus Prime Standard Edition and one license to

upgrade to Pro Edition.

Please see the attached file.

The agent, Macnica said if the license to upgrade to Pro Edition is

expired, we cannot use it as Pro Edition.

Is it true?

We think even if it's expired, we can use it as Pro Edition though we

cannot update the version.

Could you provide us the correct information?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
9 Replies
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Welcome to INTEL forum. Could you provide your NICID / HOSTID and license.dat file for further checking? And you can also reply/attach your file in private message.
0 Kudos
HOkud
Beginner

Hello,

HOSTID = xxxxxxxxxxxx. I send you the license file. It includes licenses for Quartus II SE Fixed and Upgrade Standard/subscription fixed license to Pro Edition fixed.

I added txt for the extension to upload it successfully.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Thanks for your update. Please give me some time to further check with customer service team regarding your issue
0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Upon checking with customer service team, the license is backward compatible. It will support any version released prior to maintenance expiry date even if it's expired, you can still use it as Pro Edition.
HOkud
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

I have one more question. Even if SW-Quartus-SE-FIX is expired, can we use it as Pro Edition? Of course for current version. Or we cannot use it as Pro Edition?

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Hello Based on my understanding. If you referring to the upgrade license, the answer is yes. You can still use it as Pro Edition.
0 Kudos
HOkud
Beginner

Hello,

Thank you very much for your reply.

0 Kudos
HOkud
Beginner

Sorry but my question is

Even if both of Std version license and Pro upgrade license are exipred, can we use those as Pro version? Of course as current version.

The agent Macnica told us that if Std version license is expired, we cannot use those as Pro version.

Is it true?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
AR_A_Intel
Employee
Even if both of Std version license and Pro upgrade license are expired, can we use those as Pro version? - Yes, you can still use as PRO license. The agent Macnica told us that if Std version license is expired, we cannot use those as Pro version. - You can still use the permanent feature: example Quartus feature. But for the feature that has expiration date, it will expire, and need to purchase new if you want to use this feature again.
0 Kudos