cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EBoln
New Contributor I

Ubuntu usb blaster

Hi,

I have: Quartus Std 18.1.1 and Quartus Std 20.1 on Windows 10, 11 and Ubuntu 18.04 and 20.04

Everything works on Windows, but on Ubuntu none of the options.

There is a project, build on all systems, but in Ubuntu i program sof into FPGA, FPGA or go to reset, or clean or work. SignalTap just not working in Ubuntu, i try many manuals from internet... of course first manual - official guide. Help pls.

Thanks

upd:

I try Vmware with ubuntu+quartus 20.1 result is the same.

0 Kudos
32 Replies
YuanLi_S_Intel
Employee

Hi, just wan to confirm with you. You are able to program SOF but not the usage of signal tap?

EBoln
New Contributor I

Yes, if i using Programmer - all work, but if i using SignalTap and flash sof from gui - don't work, if i flash from Programmer and Run Analysis or just open SignalTap - FPGA go to reset...

NurinaW
Employee

Hi,

Do you receive any error messages when you try to launch SignalTap?

Regards,

Nurina

EBoln
New Contributor I

Yes: instance not found, but sof not programmed....

NurinaW
Employee

Here's an old thread with a similar problem: https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/Signal-Tap-Instance-not-found/td-p/12932...

Could you try following the steps done and let me know if it helped?

Thanks,

Nurina

EBoln
New Contributor I

I tried to sew the same file from windows that from linux

I would say that this topic is similar, but there is no solution:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-Quartus-Prime-Software/SignalTap-working-on-Windows-but-not-on-...

NurinaW
Employee

Thanks for the feedback. Can you provide a screenshot of the error you see? 

EBoln
New Contributor I

unfortunately only tomorrow ...

NurinaW
Employee

That's alright, we can wait till then.

EBoln
New Contributor I

EBoln_0-1628827900552.png

Info (209060): Started Programmer operation at Fri Aug 13 07:09:28 2021
Info (209016): Configuring device index 1
Info (209017): Device 1 contains JTAG ID code 0x020F20DD
Info (209007): Configuration succeeded -- 1 device(s) configured
Info (209011): Successfully performed operation(s)
Info (209061): Ended Programmer operation at Fri Aug 13 07:09:29 2021
Error (261005): Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing this instance.
Error (261005): Can't find the instance. Download a design with SRAM Object File containing this instance.

I have programmed a sof file (same as in windows) when trying to access signaltap instances I got the following errors in the console. The FPGA itself was not programmed, I have a simple blinking LED implemented there (the names of the signaltap instances do not correspond to the content)

EBoln
New Contributor I

on those rare times when the FPGA is programmed, when I try to run signaltap, I get the following:

Error (12852): Data integrity error is detected during JTAG communication.  The Signal Tap result is not trustworthy.  Please check the JTAG chain.
Error (12852): Data integrity error is detected during JTAG communication.  The Signal Tap result is not trustworthy.  Please check the JTAG chain.
Error (261003): Can't continue the established JTAG communication.  Reconnect communications cable and device.
NurinaW
Employee

Hi,

Did you install the libraries stated in Table 1 of this document: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/www/programmable/us/en/pdfs/literature/manual/quartus_install.pdf#...

Nurina

EBoln
New Contributor I

NurinaW
Employee

Thanks, and you are using USB Blaster right? Not USB Blaster II? Can you let me know which device you are using?

Nurina

EBoln
New Contributor I

Yes, USB Blaster, not USB Blaster II

NurinaW
Employee

Thank you for clarifying. Can you let me know which FPGA device you're using?

Nurina

EBoln
New Contributor I

Cyclone IV, Cyclone V, Cyclone 10LP, Arria V, Max 10

NurinaW
Employee

Hi,

Can you provide your .qar file? To generate this, go to Project->Archive Project.

Thanks

EBoln
New Contributor I

NurinaW
Employee

Thanks, reported your problem to our internal team. I will let you know what they come back with.

Regards,

Nurina