Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1155 Discussions

Ubuntu with Platform designer font and icon size

MarcoWu
Beginner

Hi:

I have a laptop with Ubuntu 20.04, after installed Intel Quartus Prime Std 22.1 and Pro23.1, I found the font and icon size are too small as the attached picture.

Please share the method to enlarge the font and icon if there is.

By the way, in Quartus, the size and font are OK.

In Eclipe for Nios, the icons are not OK. Need a method to fix it.Quartus.png

Platform_Designer_Quartus_23.1.pngEclipse.png

Thanks.

Best regards

Marco Wu

0 Kudos
6 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

I found this article useful on how to change the font size. Please check the attached link.

https://www.macnica.co.jp/en/business/semiconductor/articles/intel/133574/

Regards the Nios II for Eclipse,
1. On the Eclipse toolbar, select Window → Preferences.
2. Set the font size (General → Appearance → Colors and Fonts → Basic → Text Font):
3. Save the preferences.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos
MarcoWu
Beginner

Hi Richard:

Thanks, with Pro version, it's works. But still no solution for standard verion....>_<...

Best regards

Marco Wu

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

I'm sorry to hear that, but the Quartus Standard version does not have this capability.

However, you can try changing the font size using your environment variables.

Perhaps this article from Ubuntu may helps.

https://help.ubuntu.com/stable/ubuntu-help/a11y-font-size.html.en#:~:text=Alternatively%2C%20you%20can%20quickly%20change,size%2C%20press%20Ctrl%20%2B%20%2D%20.

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Dropping a note to ask if my last reply was helpful to you?

Do you need any further assistance from my side? 

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

0 Kudos
MarcoWu
Beginner

Hi Richard:

Thanks, I will try. 

There is o futher question.

Best regards

Marco

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

Thank you for acknowledging the solution provided. I'm glad to hear that your question has been addressed. Now, I will transition this thread to community support. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

Richard Tan

p/s: If you find any answers from the community or Intel Support to be helpful, we encourage you to mark them as the best answer or rate them 4/5 in the survey. 

0 Kudos