Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1154 Discussions

Why the Quartus Prime Lite edition asked me to pay for it?

dingsan
Beginner

I download the Quartus prime lite edition in 09/12/2019 because it said it's free while the Pro and Standard version need charge. When I open this software today it said my software licence is going to expire in 5 days and asked me to pay for it.

I don't know why the FREE version also need me to pay for it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SyafieqS

Hi,

Yes QP Lite is free and no need license. Could you provide me the snapshot of "licence is going to expire in 5 days".

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
dingsan
Beginner

I already click the ignore and don't show again button so the notice can't appear again. I remember the information in that notice is "maintenance subscription for the quartus prime software expires in 5 days, in order to be eligible for renewal pricing you must renew your maintenance subscription before it expires, renewing your maintenance subscription ensures that you can download updates……"​ and there are two button in the bottom, one is "buy now" another is "ignore" or "close". If click "buy now", you will be introduced to this website:"https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/programmable/buy/design-software.html".

I search the post in this community and find some other guys also have similar porblem like me (see: https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50P00003yyT29SAE/quartus-prime-lite-160-license-renewal-), but they said the quartus still works even after the expiration date, if so, I think it's okay for me.

0 Kudos
SyafieqS

Hi,

It could be true. you can verify it at your side and let me know if it works. I cant replicate the issue.

Thanks,

Regards

0 Kudos
dingsan
Beginner

Seven days past, I still can open the Quartus software and check my project, but I didn't try building any project yet, maybe the function is still okay. If there is any other problem, I might download Quartus Prime Lite edition again.

0 Kudos