Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1153 Discussions

aoc: Quartus is not on the path!

APaqu
Beginner

I am trying to get aoc to run using quartus 18.1 and get this error on linux (RHEL 7.6).

Quartus and related tools are on my path.

Any ideas what I am missing?

[apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world.aocx aoc: Quartus is not on the path! aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable? [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ which quartus ~/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus/bin/quartus [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ quartus_map -s Info: ******************************************************************* Info: Running Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis Info: Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition Info: Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Info: Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions Info: and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic Info: functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing Info: (including device programming or simulation files), and any Info: associated documentation or information are expressly subject Info: to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License Info: Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, Info: the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license Info: agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for Info: the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by Info: Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please Info: refer to the applicable agreement for further details. Info: Processing started: Tue Jul 30 13:54:41 2019 Info: ******************************************************************* Info: The Quartus Prime Shell supports all TCL commands in addition Info: to Quartus Prime Tcl commands. All unrecognized commands are Info: assumed to be external and are run using Tcl's "exec" Info: command. Info: - Type "exit" to exit. Info: - Type "help" to view a list of Quartus Prime Tcl packages. Info: - Type "help <package name>" to view a list of Tcl commands Info: available for the specified Quartus Prime Tcl package. Info: - Type "help -tcl" to get an overview on Quartus Prime Tcl usages. Info: *******************************************************************   tcl> exit [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $PATH /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/bin:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/home/apaquette/perl5/bin:/opt/bwtk/2019.1/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/apaquette/.local/bin:/home/apaquette/bin [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/host/linux64/lib:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/linux64/lib: [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc -list-boards Board list: a10gx Board Package: /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref   a10gx_hostch Board Package: /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref Channels: host_to_dev, dev_to_host   [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc -version Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler Version 18.1.0 Build 625 Standard Edition Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

What is the output of echo $ALTERAOCLSDKROOT? Have you run init_opencl.sh script to set the AOCL user environment variables?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
APaqu
Beginner
[apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $ALTERAOCLSDKROOT   [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

0 Kudos
APaqu
Beginner

>  Have you run init_opencl.sh script to set the AOCL user environment variables?

yes

apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ source $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT/init_opencl.sh INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT is set to /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld. Using that.   Will use $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE= /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus to find Quartus   AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT is set to /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref. Using that. Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/bin to PATH Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/host/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It seems like the path is pointing to the correct directory. Have you try to reinstall the software?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
APaqu
Beginner

No, I have it installed on 2 different linux machines (Ubuntu and Redhat) without any luck. Someone mentioned that I couldn't run it on an Arria 10 anyway using Quartus Prime Standard (I don't have pro). I gave up and moved on to other hardware/tools for what I was trying to do.

0 Kudos
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Arria 10 is supported in Standard edition. Do you still need any help on this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos