Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

aoc: Quartus is not on the path!

APaqu
Beginner

I am trying to get aoc to run using quartus 18.1 and get this error on linux (RHEL 7.6).

Quartus and related tools are on my path.

Any ideas what I am missing?

[apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc device/hello_world.cl -o bin/hello_world.aocx aoc: Quartus is not on the path! aoc: Is it installed on your system and quartus bin directory added to PATH environment variable? [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ which quartus ~/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus/bin/quartus [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ quartus_map -s Info: ******************************************************************* Info: Running Quartus Prime Analysis & Synthesis Info: Version 18.1.0 Build 625 09/12/2018 SJ Standard Edition Info: Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation. All rights reserved. Info: Your use of Intel Corporation's design tools, logic functions Info: and other software and tools, and its AMPP partner logic Info: functions, and any output files from any of the foregoing Info: (including device programming or simulation files), and any Info: associated documentation or information are expressly subject Info: to the terms and conditions of the Intel Program License Info: Subscription Agreement, the Intel Quartus Prime License Agreement, Info: the Intel FPGA IP License Agreement, or other applicable license Info: agreement, including, without limitation, that your use is for Info: the sole purpose of programming logic devices manufactured by Info: Intel and sold by Intel or its authorized distributors. Please Info: refer to the applicable agreement for further details. Info: Processing started: Tue Jul 30 13:54:41 2019 Info: ******************************************************************* Info: The Quartus Prime Shell supports all TCL commands in addition Info: to Quartus Prime Tcl commands. All unrecognized commands are Info: assumed to be external and are run using Tcl's "exec" Info: command. Info: - Type "exit" to exit. Info: - Type "help" to view a list of Quartus Prime Tcl packages. Info: - Type "help <package name>" to view a list of Tcl commands Info: available for the specified Quartus Prime Tcl package. Info: - Type "help -tcl" to get an overview on Quartus Prime Tcl usages. Info: *******************************************************************   tcl> exit [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $PATH /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/bin:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/home/apaquette/perl5/bin:/opt/bwtk/2019.1/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/apaquette/.local/bin:/home/apaquette/bin [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/host/linux64/lib:/home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/linux64/lib: [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc -list-boards Board list: a10gx Board Package: /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref   a10gx_hostch Board Package: /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref Channels: host_to_dev, dev_to_host   [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ aoc -version Intel(R) FPGA SDK for OpenCL(TM), 64-Bit Offline Compiler Version 18.1.0 Build 625 Standard Edition Copyright (C) 2018 Intel Corporation [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

0 Kudos
7 Replies
KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

What is the output of echo $ALTERAOCLSDKROOT? Have you run init_opencl.sh script to set the AOCL user environment variables?

Thanks.

APaqu
Beginner
[apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $ALTERAOCLSDKROOT   [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ echo $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

APaqu
Beginner

>  Have you run init_opencl.sh script to set the AOCL user environment variables?

yes

apaquette@yoda hello_world]$ source $INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT/init_opencl.sh INTELFPGAOCLSDKROOT is set to /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld. Using that.   Will use $QUARTUS_ROOTDIR_OVERRIDE= /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/quartus to find Quartus   AOCL_BOARD_PACKAGE_ROOT is set to /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref. Using that. Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/bin to PATH Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/host/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH Adding /home/apaquette/intelFPGA/18.1/hld/board/a10_ref/linux64/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH [apaquette@yoda hello_world]$

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

It seems like the path is pointing to the correct directory. Have you try to reinstall the software?

Thanks.

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

May I know if you have any updates?

Thanks.

APaqu
Beginner

No, I have it installed on 2 different linux machines (Ubuntu and Redhat) without any luck. Someone mentioned that I couldn't run it on an Arria 10 anyway using Quartus Prime Standard (I don't have pro). I gave up and moved on to other hardware/tools for what I was trying to do.

KhaiChein_Y_Intel

Hi,

Arria 10 is supported in Standard edition. Do you still need any help on this?

Thanks.