Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
1143 Discussions

how to download Quartus Prime Pro 21.3 via sftp

jjacobso
Employee

I tried downloading Quartus Prime Pro 21.3 via Firefox on one of our Linux servers using the version of Firefox available in the common tools area (/usr/intel/bin).

The download button/arrow gif changes the mouse pointer when I hover over it but it does nothing.  Using a browser on my laptop will take many, many hours.  Double that to then transfer the file to my Linux workarea.

I'd prefer to download directly to my NFS workarea using sftp as I can with EDA vendor tools.

Is there an Intel sftp site?  Are there instructions how to use sftp to locate Quartus Prime Pro 21.3 and download via sftp?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jjacobso
Employee

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the late reply.  Installing apps in Federated Unix didn't work.  However, a coworker came up with this command from Unix, which drops the download on the Unix NFS filesystem where I needed it, rather than going through my laptop and home network twice.

wget <link has been removed as it is not recommended to share publicly>

He got the URL by starting a download on his laptop with the browser and capturing the URL it used.

...john...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RichardTanSY_Intel

Hi @jjacobso 

Unfortunately, we do not have SFTP sites for installer files. 

Could you try to install Chrome on Linux Server and download again? 

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

p/s: If any answer from the community or Intel support are helpful, please feel free to give Kudos. 

0 Kudos
jjacobso
Employee

Hi Richard,

Sorry for the late reply.  Installing apps in Federated Unix didn't work.  However, a coworker came up with this command from Unix, which drops the download on the Unix NFS filesystem where I needed it, rather than going through my laptop and home network twice.

wget <link has been removed as it is not recommended to share publicly>

He got the URL by starting a download on his laptop with the browser and capturing the URL it used.

...john...

0 Kudos
RichardTanSY_Intel

We do not receive any response from you to the previous question/reply/answer that I have provided. This thread will be transitioned to community support. If you have a new question, feel free to open a new thread to get the support from Intel experts. Otherwise, the community users will continue to help you on this thread. Thank you.

Best Regards,
Richard Tan

0 Kudos