Intel® FPGA Software Installation & Licensing
Installation and Licensing that’s includes Intel Quartus® Prime software, ModelSim* - Intel FPGA Edition software, Nios® II Embedded Design Suite on Windows or Linux operating systems.
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.

missing lib file libedit

SKinz
Novice

'm trying to get quartus 19.1 installed under ubuntu 18.04. I followed the installation guide to install a series of 32-libraries. Quartus still complains that it can't find libedit.so. The latest 64-bit version is installed. Can anyone direct me to a 32-bit lib of the correct version or do I need to create a link?

Thanks

Skip

0 Kudos
4 Replies
EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

Which Red Hat are you using? 4,5,6?

You can find the libedit 32 bit file for Red Hat here:

https://rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=libedit&submit=Search+...&system=&arch=

Let me know if the problem persist.

Regards.

SKinz
Novice

Hi,

So, I have two big servers, lots of memory multiple 3.6G cores, and a laptop. The servers run Ubuntu 16.04 and the laptop runs 18.04. After installing the :136 files, (though why at this point 32-bit support is required is beyond me) and creating some links to libraries that are not installed as part of those 32-bt libraries, libedit being one of them, I have the Quartus 19.1 running under 18.04. But, it requires python3.6 which is not in the 16.04 repository so I need to find a way to install python3.6 on ubuntu 16.04 since I cannot upgrade these machines at this time to get 19.1 running.

At this time it appears Quartus 19.1 really doesn't support debian installations, at least not without a few more tweaks not listed. I'll let you know if I get it running under ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

Skip

EBERLAZARE_I_Intel

Hi,

May I know which are the other 32-bit libraries that are required to be install under 18.04?

The issue seems to be similar case for Quartus 18.1 on ubuntu 18.04 LTS:

https://www.intel.com/content/altera-www/global/en_us/index/support/support-resources/knowledge-base...

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards.

SKinz
Novice

OK, sorry about the delay getting back to you. For Ubuntu 16.04 I needed to link the latest xcerses library back to the previous version. Then I found a post on the permissions bug were I needed to change permissions on the quartus structure. Once I did that all was OK.

Now all I have is an issue where the interface planner thinks I don't have a license for the 10AT115S1F45E1SG but quartus thinks is OK. I'm going to try the latest lmgrd and re-start the license manager to see if that clears it. But it is annoying.

Thanks

Skip