Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
1174 Discussions

Altera Monitor Program Error

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Extremely frustrated! I have a DE0 Board and cannot help understand the paramount of incompatibility issues with either OS or supplied software's. I installed a fresh copy of Quartus 13.1 with the required options for the Cyclone III and installed Altera Monitor Program to use assembly on NIOS II. First error i encountered was: fast_cwd pointer (cygwin) which i was able to fix after hours of searching and patching the cygwin. Right after that error was solved, now i am getting: c:\altera\13.1\nios2eds\bin\gnu\h-i686-mingw32\bin\nios2-elf-ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol _start; defaulting to 00000200 

I am using Windows 10 Enterprise, i made sure my mingw is able to run, and everything seems to be fine. Why in the world there are so many issues in just compiling a simple program? Kindly any help would be appreciated.
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I believe the Quartus II 13.1 is not supported in Windows 10. You might want to try with older Win version ie 7.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Even version 15 cannot be made to work with Windows 8, 8.1, or 10. Short of paying for Windows 7, you could use Linux in a virtual machine.

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, I'm using Windows 10 and Quartus 13.1 with no issues at all.

0 Kudos