Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1080 Discussions

Altera monitor program compile error. HELP!!!

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi I was trying to compile a known working program and below is the error I got: 

0 [main] bash 796 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer. Please report this problem to 

the public mailing list cygwin@cygwin.com 

I have windows 8.1. 

I downloaded the cygwin patch at the bottom of the screen located at the page below 

http://www.altera.com/education/univ/unv-index.html 

After downloading the patch I unzipped it. I reloaded the program and tried to compile it again and still got the same error. 

I am new to this not very savvy when it comes to the computer. Can someone post a detailed step by step guideline for how to fix this issue? I saw a similar thread on this issue but there's no clear guideline on how to fix it.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Do you replaced altera\13.1\quartus\bin(64)\cygwin folder new unzipped data?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

--- Quote Start ---  

Hi, 

Do you replaced altera\13.1\quartus\bin(64)\cygwin folder new unzipped data? 

--- Quote End ---  

Umm... not really sure. Can you explain how that is done? Sorry if it's inconvenient to ask. I am not very savvy with computers as mentioned before. Basically just copy and replace I gather?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Copy both folders from cygwin_patch.zip to your Quartus II installation directory (for example “C:\altera\13.1\quartus”) and push "overwrite all" when get windows message

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

thank you very much. I got my program to work finally.