Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1081 Discussions

Audio & Video Config - Error in Nios2 IDE

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello, 

I'm working with Altera's DE2 Board. I already used the VGA Core, the Pixel Buffer and the SRAM and they worked fine. 

Then I tried to add a video input with the ADV7181 Video Decoder. And now I have a Proplem with the Audio & Video Configuration Core. 

There's no Problem in the SOPC Builder. I can add the Audio & Video Configuration Core and successfully generate the NIOS2 System.  

But when I try to compile/build the System Library in the NIOS II IDE I get the following error: 

system_description/alt_sys_init.c error: `video_config_auto_cfg_type' undeclared here (not in a function) 

I named the system module "VIDEO_CONFIG_AUTO", and it's simply the DE2 University Program Audio & Video Configuration Core in Auto-Initializing-Mode. 

I really hope you can help me or give me a hint who could help me, because I really despair of that problem. 

thanks for your time, 

Alex
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hay. 

im have the same problam. 

did you alredy know the answare?
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

hi guys... 

i used to have the same problem, and it was in the alt_sys_init.c too. i used nios II ide 9.0 and quartus 9.0, but at that time i used the audio and video config core version 8.0 and i used the library for version 7.2 or below i dont quite remember. complex, isn't it?? ha9 ^^ 

and then the error showed up, and i replaced the audio and video config with the classic version (7.2 or below) and the error didnt show up anymore 

i hope it can be a help