Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises

CLR-HSMC Daughter Card

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hi, 

Anybody have used Altera CLR-HSMC Daughter Card. 

User manual State that: 

Two LVDS 28-bit channel link chip (DS90CR288A)  

。28 bit, 20 to 85 MHz shift clock support  

。Up to 2.38 Gbps throughput  

。Up to 297.5 Mbytes/sec bandwidth 

Q 1:: I have got understanding from the above data that two ports are there and each have upto 2.38Gbps throughput. If this right??? 

Q 2:: I have a camera with two CameraLink ports and each port giving 2048x1088 pixels page totaling 2048x2048 pixels. i need throughput about 4.7Gbps so if the statement in Q1 is true then this card must support 4.7Gbps throughput.... 

need suggestions please help................................................thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

anybody pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..............

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Sorted Out: 

I would like to clearify that the product of the CLR-HSMC card, which is sold in the market currently, cannot support the full configuration mode. As you can see it clearly online that we list the specifictions : Support of standard Camera Link modes (base, medium, dual base assembly).  

However, we can help to user to modify the product to satisfy the requirement of the full mode support. We have done it before, after the modification, this card can continuously receiving data from CameraLink camera in Full mode with 8 Taps (8x8bits) with good stability. It works well with the MC3010 high speed camera at the data rate of 680MB/s. But this card cannot support full CameraLink with 10 Taps (10x8bits). Because there are not enough pins on the HSMC port of the CLR_HSMC card to support 10 Taps (16 additional IO pins needed).
0 Kudos