Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises

De2_nios_device_led

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone, 

I'm trying to get DE2_NIOS_DEVICE_LED demonstration working. The problem is when I try to install the d12test.inf driver, windows says "the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware .... " and the Philips smart evaluation board is not installed. 

------------------- 

Step 9 of README.txt 

9) Run the project on the board. (Run menu) 

I choose "run" from the upper toolbar. Then I choose "Nios 2 Hardware", then "new configuration". I select project "hello_led_0". 

JTAG cable: automatic 

JTAG device: automatic 

Nios 2 Terminal: jtag_uart_0 

At this point the only wires connected to the DE2 board are: "blaster" and "DC 9V". 

I click "run" from the nios 2 window. 

From the terminal: 

nios2-terminal: connected to hardware target using JTAG UART on cable 

nios2-terminal: "USB-Blaster [USB-0]", device 1, instance 0 

nios2-terminal: (Use the IDE stop button or Ctrl-C to terminate) 

disconnect 

disconnect 

connect_USB 

CONFIG 

CHIP ID =0x3630 

--------------------- 

Step 10 of README.txt 

Now I connect "DEVICE" wire from DE2 to USB on my computer. 

Immediately Windows says "USB Device Not Recognized". 

Nios 2 Terminal outputs this: 

CHIP ID =0x3630 

SUSPEND CHANGE  

SUSPEND CHANGE  

BUS RESET 

disconnect 

connect_USB 

CONFIG 

CONFIG 

.. repeat above 7 lines .. 

--------------------- 

Step 11 of README.txt 

Since I am on a windows machine, I go to Device Manager. Under "Universal Serial Bus" controllers I see "Unknown Device". This is probably the device that needs drivers since if I disconnect the DEVICE wire, this "unknown device" disappears.  

I choose update drivers.. install from specific location... "include this location in your search".. I choose the path which contains d12test.inf (there are actually two folders that contain this, both resulted in the same error). I click next then hardware update wizard says: "the wizard could not find a better match for your hardware". 

If I choose "don't search. i will choose the driver to install" and choose d12test.inf .. same error. 

If I right click d12test.inf and choose install, nothing happens (philips device is not discovered). 

-------------------------- 

For all cases, the program isp1362dcusb.exe outputs 0x0 no matter how many times I press add. 

I'd appreciate all comments and advice. 

Thanks!
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I meet the same errors. Can anyone prove this problem for me?? Thanks

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Put all the project in C: path ,and try again!

0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Friends, 

I also had a similar experience.I could not install the ISP1362 river for one month. I solved the problem recently. You try connecting both USB cables( Blaster and Device ) from the begining. Also do this while building the project.after build is complete rmove the USB cable from Device port aand run the C program, once u get a message chip ID XXX, u connect back the Device USB, your DE2 board will be detected by the OS as a new device and it will prompt you to install the driver.  

I hope this will help you... 

Regars, 

Mahesh
0 Kudos
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Dear Friend, 

I solved this problem by using 2 USB cables. Before you programming to DE2 board, you make sure 2 USB cables (USB blaster and USB device) to connect your host computer. It will be solved your problem 

Regards 

TZ
0 Kudos