Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1099 Discussions

Get a PAL or NTSC video in and mirror it to the VGA output

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hello everyone! I have to deal with a project that means in recognising numbers in a NTSC or PAL format video coming from a simple ccd camera (through the on board peripheral on the DE2 board). 

The problem is that while running the examples provided by university program (Example_4_Video_In or Extra_Edge_Detection), the resulting VGA video output shows a non stable image. The image is stable just for short intervals, it seems like there is noise in the output stream.  

As our board is a simple DE2 we have tried examples taken right from DE2 folder of university program. 

It seems like there is a problem with the video input chain: video_in_decoder--> chroma_resampler --> color_space_converter--> video_RGB_resampler -->clipper --> scaler --> DMA_video_controller -->... 

I have tried these examples with a NTSC input format without changing anything in Qsys, and also with a PAL input format configuring just needed things for a PAL input. 

I strongly wish someone will help me. I am looking forward to receiveng some answer. Thank you
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Hy i am having the same problem .. 

did you solved it ??