Intel® FPGA University Program
University Program Material, Education Boards, and Laboratory Exercises
Announcements
Intel Support hours are Monday-Fridays, 8am-5pm PST, except Holidays. Thanks to our community members who provide support during our down time or before we get to your questions. We appreciate you!

Need Forum Guidance? Click here
Search our FPGA Knowledge Articles here.
1079 Discussions

Help required with the FreqSweep example

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

I am trying to understand the working of simulink models on FPGA. I am following the HIL design example that is illustrated in the DSP builder handbook volume 2 (pg. 5-3) 

I followed the whole procedure until scan jtag to find available cables and hardware devices in the chain. However, when I click the "scan jtag" I get the following error 

C:\altera\10.0\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\jni_jtag.dll: Can't find dependent libraries 

??? Java exception occurred: 

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: 

com.altera.jtag.JtagChainFactory.ajiGetHardware()I 

at com.altera.jtag.JtagChainFactory.ajiGetHardware(Native 

Method) 

at com.altera.jtag.JtagChainFactory.getChains(Unknown Source) 

at com.altera.jtag.JtagDspbInterface.getChains(Unknown 

Source) 

Error in ==> 

c:\altera\10.0\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\matlab\alt_dspbuilder_HilCompile.p>GetJtagCableAndDevices 

at 121 

Error in ==> 

c:\altera\10.0\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\matlab\alt_dspbuilder_HilCompile.p>pushbuttonScanJtag_Callback 

at 874 

Error in ==> gui_mainfcn at 96 

feval(varargin{:}); 

Error in ==> 

c:\altera\10.0\quartus\dsp_builder\bin\matlab\alt_dspbuilder_HilCompile.p>alt_dspbuilder_HilCompile 

at 75 

??? Error while evaluating uicontrol Callback 

>>  

Could someone please help me with this. What am I missing here and how to get it. Does DSP builder require any special version of JAVA?  

Thanks
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

check QUARTUS_ROOTDIR, and the MATLAB path variables to see if they all point to 10.0

Altera_Forum
Honored Contributor II

Yes. They both point to 10.0. The same error appears. Please help..